Torres was born
February 11th 1977 in Pawtucket and still reside there.. She founded
the Pawtucket Paranormal Society in February of this year. Torres
founded this group after trying to find another group to become a
member of in her area. She has been an avid paranormal investigator
for the past 7 months. Torres and the Pawtucket Paranormal Society
were just featured in an article concerning their investigation of
a high spirited search of Fairhaven's Millicent Library for it's roaming
ghost. The recent feature story appeared on www.southcoasttoday.com
Dawn-Marie Torres 20 Questions
1. Where do you see ghost hunting and Paranormal groups, web sites or Ghost information, tours, Books Paranormal Radio and Television in 10 years?
To be honest, I would like to see things growing for the better…No more backstabbing…and no more bad talk…We should come together as a community and work together for the better good of this field.
2. What would you personally consider to be the definitive proof that ghosts are real?
Definitely I would have to say seeing them is the key for me. I can hear them on EVPs and stuff like that…But seeing them really seals the deal for me.
3. What is the most real evidence you personally have uncovered so far?
Well I would have to say the EVPs that I got from the first house I ever investigated. The spirit clear as day said the little girl’s name and then when I saw a pic of him that was even more proof that yes there was something there.
4. Are you skeptical of the claims other make of their findings?
No not really. But I would like to judge that information for myself. Because everyone has their own opinion of things it would only make sense that you would want to judge it for yourself.
5. If you could investigate your "Dream Haunted Hot Spot" where would it be?
I would say The Ladd School in Exeter,RI.
6. What was your first Paranormal encounter
? Well my first real good paranormal experience was when I was about 27 yrs old. I have many before then…but this one sticks out the best… I was lying in my bed and I was under the blankets that’s when I saw that someone was standing over me. I closed my eyes and tried to refocus but when I opened them again I saw the same image standing there.
7. What scares you about Ghost Hunting or Paranormal Investigations?
I can’t say there’s much that scares me but it’s times when you know there’s something there that you can’t see it…
8. If you could work side by side with one of the Paranormal Investigator greats, who would it be?
Jason Hawes without a doubt
9. Read any good Paranormal Books lately?
10. What Question do people ask you most when you tell them your a paranormal investigator or personality?
Are you a ghostbuster?
11. In your opinion, Where is the most Haunted city in America?
Well to be honest I’ve heard a lot about Savannah, Georgia
12. Do you feel more people should get involved with Ghost hunting or Paranormal Investigation?
Paranormal Investigation because it’s easy to say that you’re a ghost hunter…But with paranormal investigation takes the scientific process to a whole new level.
13. What does the future hold for you?
I hope we grow bigger and better and take things one investigation at a time.
14. Paranormal Conventions do you see them growing?
Well I see them growing but I’ve never been to one.
15. What is your most favored paranormal phenomena or subject?
Full body apparitios and EVPs
16. Tell us about your best moment in investigating Ghost?
It happened just recently and I was on an investigation in my hometown. And silly me was sitting in front of a mirror and I actually saw the spirit standing pretty close to me.
17. What is the hardest part about being a paranormal personality?
People thinking that you’re crazy for wanting to do this.
18. How do prepare for a ghost hunt?
To prepare for the hunt or investigation as we like to call them…We usually have all principles meet and go over a floor plan. From there we make up a list of who’s going and where they will be stationed. Then we concentrate on areas of interest and decide what’s the best approach for that area.
19. Have you ever taken a ghost Tour?
Personally I have never taken a ghost tour but would love to…
20. What in the field of ghost hunting and Paranormal Investigating needs the most attention?
Well I believe all areas are equally important and to pick one would be difficult.