Investigator in training for Pawtucket Paranormal Society, pawtucketparanormalsociety.org. O' Conner joined the group after it was founded in February of 2007, to just try something new and explore new horizons. Since then O' Conner says that she has learned quite a bit and has had her eyes and mind opened up to so many new interesting Paranormal and anomolious things. O'conner was born in 1971 in Pawtucket, RI and was brought up in Cumberland, RI. She now reside in gorgeous North Smithfield, RI. O'conner has a family and just finished college for medical coding. she is hoping to stay with the PPS to grow and learn the ways as a full fledged paranormal investigator.
Paranormal Society were just featured in an article concerning their
investigation of a high spirited search of Fairhaven's Millicent Library
for it's roaming ghost. The recent feature story appeared on www.southcoasttoday.com
Diane O’Connor 20 Questions
1. Where do you see ghost hunting and Paranormal groups, web sites or Ghost information, tours, Books Paranormal Radio and Television in 10 years?
Honestly I see it at the same level as it has been. It may grow a little due to it getting more air time on TV. Groups will come and go as a "FAD" and then die out, it takes special people to WANT to do it and stay with it.
2. What would you personally consider to be the definitive proof that ghosts are real?
We'll I am the skeptic of pawtucketparanormalsociety.org. However, on a recent trip to the lost city of Hanton, I swear something was walking behind me and 2 others in my group. THAT was the defining moment for me...however I am not 100%.
3. What is the most real evidence you personally have uncovered so far?
The voice of a spirit saying "No" on tape.
4. Are you skeptical of the claims other make of their findings?
Of course I am. I am skeptical of quite a few things, it's natural. I need to hear it, smell it, SEE it for me to truly believe.
5. If you could investigate your "Dream Haunted Hot Spot" where would it be?
Hmm, good question, there are so many, I would have to pick once I knew more history of more places...I would like to do Alcatraz in San Francisco.
6. What was your first Paranormal encounter?
It has to be hands down in the lost city of Hanton. Strange noises that we still can't grip our brains around, as well as the footsteps behind me. I still shiver when I think of it.
7. What scares you about Ghost Hunting or Paranormal Investigations?
I think it's not knowing what is there. I have seen too many movies and I need to differenciate the two, what can I say.
8. If you could work side by side with one of the Paranormal Investigator greats, who would it be?
I am new to this, still learning so anyone one of the greats would be awesome.
9. Read any good Paranormal Books lately?
No, no time...Life is so fast.
10. What Question do people ask you most when you tell them your a paranormal investigator or personality?
Oh, so your a ghost hunter huh.... I get a kick out of it.
11. In your opinion, Where is the most Haunted city in America? New Orleans, LA
12. Do you feel more people should get involved with Ghost hunting or Paranormal Investigation?
I think people want to, but are way to skeptical to open up to it. I think more people should entertain the thought that maybe something is there. I don't think groups should form just because. It takes unique people that have the time and dedication to continue on and proof that it does exist.
13. What does the future hold for you?
Who knows, but it's a journey that I will continue to explore with my group and indulge in every aspect of it.
14. Paranormal Conventions do you see them growing? And which ones are the Must go to ones?
Personally I have not heard of ANY in my area. I would love to go to one though.
15. What is your most favored paranormal phenomena or subject?
I would say actually getting something on tape and saying Oh My!
16. Tell us about your best moment in investigating or conference attending for you?
I have not been to any conferences. So it has to be the lost city of Hanton, I will never forget that sound we heard and how close it was getting and we STILL don't know what it was, it was very nerve racking, it was pitch black, windy, and unsettling.
17. What is the hardest part about being a paranormal personality?
Getting the looks and comments from others as they smirk at what you say and laugh at you.
18. How do prepare for a ghost hunt?
I would definatley say to not think too much into it. The mind can play tricks on you. We gather our thoughts, get our plan together, go over the history, see who is doing what, recordings, video...etc. then move out.
19. Have you ever taken a ghost Tour?
And, What about it did you not like? No, but I would like to.
20. What in the field of ghost hunting and Paranormal Investigating needs the most attention?
I think at the end of all investigations for the whole group to get together with the evidence and go over it together. That is the only way to educate each other on what is found.