Tom "Ghost Magnet" Halstead
Tom "Ghost Magnet" Halstead - Second Vice President
Co-Founder - Paranormal Photographer
Assistant Administrator MPR Division
Band MySpace: www.myspace.com/shocksession
Tom is an outstanding photographer who has been operating his own business for over five years who also has a knack for telling the stories behind the pictures he takes. Although he has a wealth of paranormal pictures and videos to his credit, he is quick to point out how many thousands of shots he has taken to get these paranormal gems. He is a seasoned photographer, and photo analyst, who has a gift for "normal" photography as well. Tom is also a very talented musician as well with the release of two musical compilations under the band name of SHOCK SESSION™ and recently more under the name of Agent Dark™.
Tom has experienced paranormal activity since being a young child. He has always just figured such activity has been common place and something that people just get use to. He has witnessed everything from the mundane, to the demonic. "A picture is worth a thousand words" and "seeing is believing" are two statements that describe what Tom brings to PTF, and our clients. His value runs deeper than just as "the" paranormal photographer, his wealth of experience and his adherence to a strict set of standards also benefits both PTF and the clients we serve. His gifted ability to be at the right place at the right time for capturing paranormal evidence also benefits the entire paranormal community as well.
Tom was already a well seasoned paranormal investigator and photographer with another local paranormal investigative and research team, MISSOURI GHOST & HAUNTS™, before joining MISSOURI PARANORMAL RESEARCH™ in 2005. Tom then became a Vice President and a Co-Founder of PARANORMAL TASK FORCE™, Inc. Tom also serves as and assistant administrator of the MISSOURI PARANORMAL RESEARCH™ and the TASK FORCE ENTERTAINMENT & PRODUCTIONS™ Divisions.
Tom has been a featured guest on many radio stations across the US, UK, and Canada and has completed filming in 2007 with Keith Age and The Booth Brothers for "Children of the Grave" which was released October 2, 2007 on DVD and aired on the SciFi Network in 2008 and recently finished filming for another Booth Brothers (Spooked Television Releasing) production titled "The Possessed" which should be released on DVD in 2008 and air on the SciFi Network sometime after that. He also was filmed and featured in the Exspiro Productions documentary "The Other Side" which was released in 2007.
MISSOURI PARANORMAL RESEARCH™ was the proud recipient of the "Best Ghost Evidence of 2006" award presented at the 2007 Ghost World Conference in Gettysburg, PA due to Tom's Waverly Hills Sanatorium photographic capture of an entity!
Tom Halstead 20 Questions
1. Where do you see ghost hunting and Paranormal groups, web sites or Ghost information, tours, Books Paranormal Radio and Television in 10 years?
10 years from now, it's hard to tell. The paranormal society is growing rapidly, such as TV shows, groups, conferences etc. Depends on how I handle the growing population of teams and if my evidence grows to a higher level with such as being featured in a book or making my own book.
2. What would you personally consider to be the definitive proof that ghosts are real?
I have personally seen ghost since a young age. I've captured footage
of these paranormal activities, such captures where I've seen before
the photo was taken. Most activity you don't see until after the shot
3. What is the most real evidence you personally have uncovered so far?
I've uncovered a lot of evidence, hard to say where to start. I've experienced a lot of activity through the years, such as capturing glowing apparitions to having knives thrown across the room and hearing odd noises.
4. Are you skeptical of the claims other make of their findings?
Sometimes, depends on a the situation or if they let me analyze their evidence or investigate the location.
5. If you could investigate your "Dream Haunted Hot Spot" where would it be?
Alcatraz prison facility in San Francisco.
6. What was your first Paranormal encounter?
When I was around three years old, T seen an orb moving around in
the room across from me and it stayed there for a long time.
7. What scares you about Ghost Hunting or Paranormal Investigations?
Sometimes you never know what may happen.
8. If you could work side by side with one of the Paranormal Investigator greats, who would it be?
Thomas Edison, he could some how communicate with the supernatural and knew ways of making devices to communicate with the dead.
9. Read any good Paranormal Books lately?
Weird Hauntings and Haunted Alton.
10. What Question do people ask you most when you tell them your a paranormal investigator?
Have I seen ghost and what I've experienced.
11. In your opinion, Where is the most Haunted city in America?
Probably Alton, Ill, but there are places in Missouri too.
12. Do you feel more people should get involved with Ghost hunting or Paranormal Investigation?
It's really up to them, I usually don't push people. If they wantto
get involved, then I'll give them some advice on investigating.
13. What does the future hold for you?
Hard to tell, we have a movie to make and I've been filmed in a few movies recently, also hopefully making a book soon. I'll see where it goes from there.
14. Paranormal Conventions do you see them growing? And which ones are the Must go to ones?
Haven't been to any conferences yet. I hear about them growing rapidly
15. What is your most favored tool of the trade?
Photography, taking stills, I get more evidence with snapping photos.
unlike videos, I don't have to spend hours sifting through the evidence.
I've always liked still photography.
16. Tell us about your best moment in investigating for you?
Two years ago I had investigated the Waverly Hills TB hospital in Kentucky and caught a once in a lifetime capture there.
17. What is the hardest part about being a paranormal investigator?
Too much going on, having the time to do it. Basically, I'm not a writer but I do write shot stories on my photos.
18. How do you document your investigations?
I always use still cameras, I bring a couple with me along with lots
of batteries. I'm always ready for that moment once something odd
19. Have you ever taken a ghost Tour?
No, Never been on any ghost tours.
20. What in the field of ghost hunting and Paranormal Investigating needs the most attention.
For people to start sharing evidence/captures to help others instead of bashing other groups for what they capture.