Tommy Netzband is the creator and host of the Haunted Haight Walking Tour www.hauntedhaight.com. He also in the founder and President of the San Francisco Ghost Society, a paranormal group that researches claims on of the supernatural in the city of San Francisco. Tommy is often called a "ghost historian" for his passion for researching the history of ghosts. Come discover the macabre history of San Francisco and learn all about the ghosts of Haight-Ashbury .Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also see: Tommy Netsband info here!
Starts In Front Of Coffee To The People
1206 Masonic Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94117
Tommy Netzband 20 Questions
1. Where do you see Ghost tours like your own going in 10 years?
I think ghost tours are going to grow. We are in a new age of the paranormal. It is becoming more and more the normal rather than the paranormal.
2. What would you personally consider to be the definitive proof that ghosts are real?
Human experience. Throughout all the ages human experience proves ghosts. Of all the people over time who have experienced ghosts...it is hard for me to think everyone of them is not telling the truth. Human experience is everything to me in ghost investigating.
3. What is the most real evidence you personally have uncovered so far?
Once again personal experience. When I uncover a history that relates to haunting, or see that dark shadow in the house with my own eyes. That is all I need.
4. Are you skeptical of the claims other make of their findings?
I try to always be openly skeptical. You have to in this field.
5. If you could investigate your "Dream Haunted Hot Spot" where would it be?
To spend the night on Alcatraz. Someday...Someday....
6. What was your first Paranormal encounter?
My most profound experience was my near death experience as a child. I was in the bathtub and my fell asleep in the tub. I was about 4 years old. I saw my body under the water from the ceiling. My sister rushed in the bathroom and pulled me out of the tub and suddenly I was in my body again. It has been the basis of my passion for the supernatural.
7. What is the best highlight a must see on your tour?
People love the goodie bags. I give everyone a spooky goodie bag filled with toys, candy and lots of other fun surprises!
8. If you could work side by side with one of the Paranormal Investigator greats, who would it be?
Wow there would be so many. Troy Taylor and Loyd Auerbach would be on the top of my list.
9. Read any good Paranormal Books lately other then your own?
I recently read the book "Spooked" by Mary Roach. It was an interesting look at the afterlife and the many facets of it. She is certainly a skeptic but it is a good read.
10. What Question do people ask you most when you tell them your a paranormal tour owner?
Where are all the haunted spots in San Francisco!
11. In your opinion, Where is the most Haunted city in America?
As unique and haunted as San Francisco is, I would have to say the MOST HAUNTED CITY is New Orleans.
12. Do you feel more people should get involved with Ghost hunting or Paranormal Investigation on ghost tours?
Paranormal Investigating for sure! I run the San Francisco Ghost Society and that is our goal! To educate the public. I run my Haunted Haight Walking Tour because it is my passion. It is a lot of work to run a ghost tour. You have to really love what you do. Kiss you weekends goodbye hahaha! It is so worth it when you see those people and are able to teach them all about ghosts, the supernatural, history and architecture...that is why I do the tour. It is really my passion.
13. What does the future hold for your tour?
Lots of great stuff! New stories! Fun promotions! All kinds of fun and spooky stuff.
14. Paranormal or haunted Ghost tours do you see them growing?
Yes, I see both growing. As the paranormal lovers come out, this paranormal stuff is becoming more and more mainstream.
15. What is your most favorite local ghost story?
Without a doubt it is the Lady of Stow Lake. I wrote that article for Haunted America Tours website about her. That story fascinates me. HAUNTED HAIGHT, The Lady of Stow Lake Haunted America Tours .com. There is a lake inside Golden gate Park called Stow Lake. Many people boat on this lake and it has been a popular pastime since the Victorian era. ...
16. Tell us about your best moment on a ghost tour for you?
My favorite moment is always when people experience the ghosts on my tour. That is always great. I'll hold what happens to the day you come on the tour! :)
17. What is the hardest part about being a paranormal Tour guide?
It takes a lot of time running a business. Though it is my passion, it is still a business and like all businesses it takes a lot of work and time. It's so worth it when I see those smiling faces wanting to learn about ghosts.
18. What is the hardest thing about your business to deal with?
Not getting those ghosts to come out when I ask them to! ha ha ha.
19. Have you ever taken a ghost Tour other then your own? And, What about it did you not like?
I have been on other ghost tours and I have never been on one I did not love!
20. What in the field of ghost hunting and Paranormal Investigating or ghost tours needs the most attention.
Education. Telling ghost stories is not enough. One thing I stress on my tour is education. People learn all about parapsychology and hauntings. I explain to them the equipment we use and this is greatly appreciated. People go away with more than ghost stories, they leave with an understanding.