Recognize Signs of Paranormal Encounters and Hauntings and the Related Stress
Both negative and positive stressors can lead to stress. Some common categories and examples of stressors include: sensory input such as pain, bright light, or environmental issues such as a lack of control over environmental circumstances, such as food, housing, health, freedom, or mobility. We as paranomal investigators usnderstand that these stess factors are usually what has caused a ghost to haunt a location person place or thing.
left over from their lives social issues can also cause paranomal stress, such as struggles with conspecific or difficult individuals and social defeat, or relationship conflict, deception, or break ups, and major events such as birth and deaths, marriage, and divorce.
Life experiences such as poverty, unemployment, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, heavy drinking, or insufficient sleep can also cause stress. Students and workers may face stress from exams, project deadlines, and group projects.
Adverse experiences during development (e.g. prenatal exposure to maternal stress, poor attachment histories, sexual abuse) are thought to contribute to deficits in the maturity of an individual's stress response systems.
But what about the stress we as paranomal investigators carry from dealing with the live indviduals that seek our aid, much less the ghosts that haunt them.
When Paranormal Investigators have the following signs, they might need crisis counseling or stress management assistance:
- Difficulty communicating thoughts.
- Difficulty sleeping.
- Difficulty maintaining balance in their lives.
- Low threshold of frustration.
- Increased use of drugs/alcohol.
- Limited attention span.
- Poor work performance.
- Headaches/stomach problems.
- Tunnel vision/muffled hearing.
- Colds or flu-like symptoms.
- Disorientation or confusion.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Reluctance to leave home.
- Depression, sadness.
- Feelings of hopelessness.
- Mood-swings and easy bouts of crying.
- Overwhelming guilt and self-doubt.
- Fear of crowds, strangers, or being alone.
Paranomal Investigators who work with dependent people can also experience compassion fatigue; this can become a cause of abusive behavior in caring paranomal professions. It results from the taxing nature of showing compassion for someone whose paranomal suffering is continuous and unresolvable.
A recently Dead Man's ghost haunts a Apartment complex in Reno, Nevada. A real ghost photo sent to us by avid ghost hunter David Senaca.
One may still care for the person as required by policy, however, the natural human desire to help them is no longer there. This phenomenon also occurs for professionals involved with long term health care. It can also occur for loved ones who have institutionalized family members. These people may develop symptoms of depression, stress, and trauma. Those who are primary care providers for patients with terminal illnesses are at a higher risk of developing these symptoms. In the medical profession, this is often described as "burnout": the more specific terms secondary traumatic stress and vicarious trauma are also used. Some professionals may be predisposed to compassion fatigue due to personal trauma.
Easing Paranormal-Related Stress
The following are ways to ease disaster-related stress:
- Talk with someone about your feelings - anger, sorrow, and other emotions - even though it may be difficult.
- Seek help from professional counselors who deal with post-paranomal investigation stress.
- Do not hold yourself responsible for the paranomal event or encounter event or be frustrated because you feel you cannot help directly in the rescue work.
- Take steps to promote your own physical and emotional healing by healthy eating, rest, exercise, relaxation, and meditation.
- Maintain a normal family and daily routine, limiting demanding responsibilities on yourself and your family.
- Spend time with family and friends.
- Participate in memorials.
- Use existing support groups of family, friends, and religious institutions.
- Ensure you are ready for future paranormal events by making sure your equipment is working order and you have supplies and updating your ghost hunting skills and plan. Doing these positive actions can be comforting.
Understanding Paranomal Events
- Everyone who sees or experiences a real paranomal is affected by it in some way.
- It is normal to feel anxious about your own safety and that of your family and close friends.
- Profound sadness, grief, and anger are normal reactions to an abnormal event.
- Acknowledging your feelings helps you recover.
- Focusing on your strengths and abilities helps you heal.
- Accepting help from community programs and resources is healthy.
- Everyone has different needs and different ways of coping.
Children and older adults are of special concern in the aftermath of hunting for ghosts are researching paranomal events. Even individuals who experience a paranomal event or ghost encounter “second hand” through exposure to extensive talk or images can be affected.
Contact local faith-based organizations, voluntary agencies, or professional counselors for counseling. Additionally, A few of America's Paranomal ghost hunting groups may provide crisis counseling assistance.
read: Is It
Really Paranormal? Questioning The
Unknown Side Of Ghosts And Demonic
Possession - With tales of being raped
or beaten by ghosts, to stories of
even a ghost giving a person a loan
of some cash. I ask myself do these
things really happen? -- Ginalanier.com
Gina Lanier has been a special featured
guest many times on several paranormal
programs that are nationwide on the
radio and worldwide on the Internet.
Lanier hunts ghosts or do they hunt
her. Lanier has worked on many cases
over the years from people who have
strange encounters of the paranormal
kind. Sex with ghosts haunted teddy
bears, Dolls Lanier investigates the
Lanier welcomes your questions and
will be glad to help you with your
haunted encounters and problems. Please
use the link below to visit her web
site and learn more.
Often called the Ghost Hunter's,
Ghost Hunter, Lanier strives to uncover
the truth! Known to many as the Best
and most knowledgeable ghost hunter
in the field today, Lanier continues
to explore many areas of the Paranormal
that many others fear to tread.
Lanier's investigations have been
the focus of many Paranormal Radio
Shows and as a Paranormal consultant
to those that seek her valuable advice
Lanier has in her own words; "Met
with the devil eye to eye." And
has had many personal paranormal encounters
that would send the most salted Ghost
Hunter packing. Her personal Stories
of Ghosts and demons is enough to
send a chill down anyone's spine.
Lanier is also considered to be the
most accessible real paranormal investigator
or ghost hunter in the world.
you ever heard a bump in the night,
maybe the shadows moves out of the
corner of your eye or a chill and
fear as if something was coming up
behind you.... of course you have.
The Dead Spoken To You Lately?