Many people are a buzz by the latest work of Brad Steiger in his research and recent jouney into the unknown. The Number 1 Bestseller worldwide Best Zombie Book Of all Times "Real Zombies, the Living Dead, and Creatures of the Apocalypse." Seems to be poping up on many well known paranomrmal investigators bokk shelves.
And as I personally can tell by the many emails that I recieve, that, people are trying to find out more about those that have contributed their fine work to helping produce such a excelent work and materpiece of real Zombie Lore.
I have taken it upon myself to ask a few questions of those in Brad Steigers fold and see what makes them tick. And as the many inquiries go it seems people want to learn more about the gifted artist that is the one and only very talented man, Bill Oliver.
Oliver lives in Vancouver, British Columbia where he has nourished a lifelong interest in the paranormal,UFO'S, the metaphysical and all things esoteric stemming from many personal experiences. His enthusiasim for pursuing the unknown brought him into personal contact and interview opportunities with experiencers in all aspects of the paranormal.These encounters have had significant influence on much of his work. Brad Steiger first became familiar with Olivers work when he won the Christmas Art contest on the Jeff Rense Program and they have continued their work together since.
1. Have you gotten any major media attention since you have been doing artwork for Brad Steiger?
Yes, I have, thanks to being in Brad's books. I have had work on George Noory's Coast To Coast, Jeff Rense and an interview on Erskine Overnight. And I got interviewed by the wonderful folks at Haunted America Tours of course.
2.What are your main interest in the paranormal world and stories of encounters with ghosts aliens and UFO's?
UFO’S are still up there , no pun intended) but I love all aspects of the unknown and will continue my interpretations of anything that triggers a vision.
3. What works can we expect to see from you in the near future? books media etc.
I just finished work for Brads next book “Real Monsters” which will be released on Halloween this year,quite fitting. I am now doing work for yet another book by Brad and Sherry "Real Aliens" slated for next year and also working on” Wee Ones, Fairies,Elves,Sprites,etc which I really enjoy .Brad had
some interest in perhaps a book on this subject.
4. What feelings or understandings do you want people to gather from the images you create?
I hope it gets them to the core, where there are no words to describe when you connect or tune in. I hope people can tap into the essence of what I try to parlay.
5. What scares you most in the paranormal world? Ghosts, aliens, Monsters? Vampires? etc?
I would have to say that anything that was bigger and meaner I would fear. Zombies would give me a few chills I am certain as well,big or small.
A wide=spread contemporary vampire community has adjusted to the twenty first century. ( From Brad Steiger's " Real Vampires, Night Stalkers, and Creatures from The Darkside "
6. Who are your artistic inspirations?
All I have seen and heard and perceive I suppose has a direct influence.I I have a certain love for Renaissance work.
The masters caught the light so well , mind blowing , really..
Natures lighting is stunning to say the least and I love how it changes in seconds.
7. Have you ever had a real paranormal experience?
Yes, but need a few pages. Maybe I should submit it to you folks.
8. How do you create your works of art for Brad and others? What is the full process?
He sends me the chapter headings and we go from there. Some of them I can get a vision about immediately while others can take time as well as further thought and contemplation.
9. What do you believe would be definitive proof that ghosts , Ufo's or monsters that would 100% prove to the world they are real?
I don't know anymore. It used to be a photo would be pretty good evidence after analysis. Now, you can do amazing dupes with programs that are available for little. i guess we still need the physical evidence, a carcass, nuts and bolts from a saucer,dinner with a grey perhaps, I don't know.
10. Who are your paranormal inspirations including Brad?
I was always a fan of john Keel and of course Charles Fort and Edgar Cayce but really Brad was and is my all time fave. I read his books when I was young and they really hadan impact on me.
And again,amazed to work with my paranormal hero.
11. Do you watch Paranormal Television shows?
Not much...I used to always watch Twilight Zone and Outer Limits when I was a kid. I don’t think anyone matches Rod Serling’s writing,wow!
12. Do you consider yourself a paranormal know it all?
A semi know it all about some but not all by any means. most perhaps. I have been into it my whole life and can yak for hours with my pals about various avenues of the esoteric and paranormal.
13. Have you ever seen a ghost?
No,but I sure have felt them. My friend lived in a haunted house in Vancouver and there were very strange poltergeist happenings .
14. Have you ever had a real UFO encounter?
I have had several good sightings. one of them was featured on the show Sightings and seen on Discovery Channel as well.
15. What paranormal occurrences interest you most?
I have been quite interested lately on the flying humanoids. Mexico is really a hotbed of activity and high strangeness.
16. What does it feel like to be part of the top 2 paranormal Books in the last two years. Has it changed your life?
It feels qute peculiar sometimes as it all came out of left field. It was never my aspiration to be in a book at all and
this all resulted from entering a contest.I still get up and go to work but it has really given me a great feeling and that others are digging my stuff.I feel blessed to be given this great venue to unleash my creativity and honored to be thought worthy.
17. To what extent have you explored paranormal claims?
I was with UFOBC for many years and spoke with many witnesses,abductees, and experiencer’s of all aspects of paranormal. British Columbia is a hot bed of all sorts of activity,ufo's
Bigfoot, Ogopogo, et al. There is certainly something always going on.
18. What are your real beliefs about the world of the paranormal phenomena?
That you will never see it if you don’t believe it.
19. Is there any Paranormal Phenomena you would most like to witness first hand?
I would like to hop in the time machine and witness the Fatima Miracle…mass sightings really intrigue me.
20. Do you actively research paranormal phenomena or is it just a sideline interest?
I used to be quite involved with research in all aspects of the paranormal. I am now busy creating art and music so I find myself reading more about it than getting out in the field. Although, I would never turn down an invite to explore the unknown.
21. What do you want people to know about yourself that is not directly apparent?
That I don’t wear a lot of black except in the winter.
22. As a Paranormal inspired Artist what well known images would you like to change? Such as how a real monster vampire, bigfoot or a chupacabra looks?
Yup…I would ban any cuddly stuffed toys of monsters.
23. What is the process of how you start the art work you produce?
I start with a blank and fill in the space…sometimes it works and othertimes….delete!
24. What do you want others to see in your artwork that is not apparent?
To look deep and close and you will see more.
25. What paranormal celebrity's would you like most to meet?
I would love to sit down with the Steigers of course and Edgar Cayce
26. What creature or image in the paranormal world do you most identify with?
Bigfoot seems like a nice loveable lad.
27. Have you ever been on a ghost hunt?
No but it’s on my to do list.
28. Have you ever taken a ghost tour?
No,but sign me up….I would love to do the underground Edinbourgh tour, sort ofJ
29. What do you think or important paranormal phenomenons that need more investigation?
The proof of reality might be a good one.....
30. Who in the paranormal community are your hero's?
Esoterically speaking that would be Madam Blavatsky,paranormal wise,Steiger and Keel.
31. Have read any good paranormal books lately?
Real Zombies and Real Vampires and The Mothman Prophecies again.
32. what is your favorite paranormal movie? and explain why?
Close Encounters is my all time favourite for the magnificent sense of awe and wonderment. The Excorcist still freaks me out and gets into the deeper recesses of fear for me.I didn’t have the lights out for a couple of nights.
33. Please give us a short personal review and insights of the works of Brad Steiger that you have contributed too?
As mentoioned…Real Vampires, Real Angels and Real Monsters…All very rewarding for me as I love to be pushed to my creative limits.
34. Which is your favorite Brad Stieger book of all times?
Without question my fave is Revelation The Divine Fire….
35. How did you get personally involved contributing and working for Brad Steiger?
I entered a Christmas Splash Art contest on Jeff Rense and won it. Since then it has allowed me the opportunity to work with Brad and Sherry more.
37. Any paranormal art or projects that you personally plan to work on solo in the future?
I m always puttering with some new piece. I have been asked to do work for Fate Magazine as fate would have it.
38. How would you like people in general to see you? Example: as a paranormalist or researcher or as a an artist alone?
An artist alone with a special love for the unknown, wherever that may lead to.
39. If you could go back and do any piece of your phenomenal paranormal inspired art over again would you? I made several errors in pieces but until they are noticed I will leave them…
40. Tell us something about where your paranormal inspiration comes from?
From somewhere either out there or in here. I believe there is a great sea of inspiration with fleeting seconds that we sometimes glimpse and if lucky we can grasp. The place with no words.
How should people contact you?