1. BRAD STEIGER
Steiger was born on 19 February 1936 in Fort Dodge, Iowa, (Fort Dodge is a city and county seat of Webster County, Iowa, United States, situated on the Des Moines River. Gypsum quarries opened here in 1869.) His mother and father were farmers. Growing up in Iowa was an experience that forever marked his being with the understanding and insights that he still has today. It also had a profound effect on his beliefs in the other world of unexplained mysteries, and the paranormal.
Steiger's first published articles on the unexplained appeared in 1956, and he has now written more than 2,000 articles with paranormal themes. From 1970-'73, his weekly newspaper column, The Strange World of Brad Steiger, was carried domestically in over 80 newspapers and overseas from Bombay to Tokyo.
Steiger is married to Sherry Hansen Steiger, herself the author or co-author of over 40 books. From the mid-1980s through 2002, they lectured and conducted seminars throughout the United States and overseas. They have two sons, three daughters, and nine grandchildren, eight girls, and one boy. And to this day I do not believe that you can find any more of a happy great , kind or down to earth people than the Steiger's themselves. Their personal passion for Animals is part of their great charm and worldliness that I so deeply admire.
Sherry Steiger is the author/coauthor of 40 books, including such titles as the following:
Books of Inspiration: Christmas Miracles, Seasons of the Soul, The Teaching Power of Dreams
The phenomenal and the paranormal: The Gale Encyclopedia [three volumes] of the Unusual and the Unexplained; Conspiracies and Secret Societies: The Complete Dossier; Face to Face with the Unknown, Hollywood and the Supernatural
Spirituality: The Power of Prayer, Angels Over Their Shoulders, Angels Around the World, Indian Wisdom and Its Guiding Power, Mystical Legends of Shamans
UFO Research: UFOs Are Here!, UFO Odyssey, The Philadelphia Conspiracy and Other UFO Mysteries
Animal Awareness: Animal Miracles, Mysteries of Animal Intelligence, Horse Miracles, Dog Miracles
Bibliography for Sherry Hansen Steiger
1. Seasons of the Soul. Phoenix, AZ: Timewalker Productions, 1987. Lakeville, MN: Galde Press, 1995.
2. The Fellowship: Spiritual Contact Between Humans and Outer Space Beings by Brad Steiger (special editing by Sherry Hansen). New York: Doubleday, 1988.
New York: Ballantine/Ivy, 1989.
German edition: Zweitausendeins, 1991.
Japanese edition, 1992.
3. The UFO Abductors by Brad Steiger (special research by Sherry Hansen Steiger). New York: Berkley, 1988.
4.The Philadelphia Experiment and Other UFO Conspiracies (with Brad Steiger and Alfred Bielek). New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light, 1990.
5. Hollywood and the Supernatural (with Brad Steiger). New York: St. Martin's Press, 1990. New York: Berkley, 1992.
6. Demon Deaths (with Brad Steiger). New York: Berkley, 1991.
7. Indian Wisdom and Its Guiding Power (with Brad Steiger). West Chester, PA: Whitford Press, 1991.
8. Mystical Legends of the Shamans (with Brad Steiger). New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light, 1991.
9.Montezuma's Serpent and Other True Supernatural Tales of the Southwest (with Brad Steiger). New York: Paragon House, 1992.
10. Undying Love (with Brad Steiger). New York: Berkley, 1992.
11. The Teaching Power of Dreams (with Brad Steiger). West Chester, PA: Whitford Press, 1992.
12. Starborn (with Brad Steiger). New York: Berkley, 1992.
13. Strange Powers of Pets (with Brad Steiger). New York: Donald Fine, 1992.
New York: Berkley, 1993.
UK Edition: Headline Books, 1993.
14. Super Scientists of Ancient Atlantis and Other Unknown Worlds (with Brad Steiger). New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light, 1993.
15. Amazing Moms (with Brad Steiger). New York: Signet, 1994.
16. The Rainbow Conspiracy (with Brad Steiger). New York: Kensington/Pinnacle, 1994. Reissued by Kensington/Citadel in 2001 as UFOs Are Here!
17. More Strange Powers of Pets (with Brad). New York: Donald Fine, 1994.
18. Angels Over Their Shoulders: Children's Encounters with Heavenly Beings (with Brad). New York: Fawcett/Columbine, 1995.
Spanish Edition: Selector, 2002, 2006.
19. Children of the Light (with Brad). New York: Signet, 1995.
20. Mysteries of Animal Intelligence (with Brad). New York: Tor Books, 1995. Reissued by Tor/Amazon, 2007.
21. Mother Mary Speaks to Us (with Brad). New York: Penguin, 1996. New York: Signet, 1997.
22. Power of Prayer to Heal and Transform Your Life. New York: Signet, 1997. New York: NAL Trade, 2003.
23. Angels Around the World (with Brad). New York: Random House, 1996.
24. He Walks with Me: True Encounters with Jesus (with Brad). New York: Signet, 1998.
25. UFO Odyssey (with Brad). New York: Ballantine, 1999.
26. Animal Miracles (with Brad). Holbrook, MA: Adams Media, 1999.
27. Christmas Miracles (with Brad). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2001.
28. Dog Miracles (with Brad). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2001.
29. Face to Face with the Unknown: Young Peoples Encounters with the Unexplained. New York: Tor Books, 2001.
30. Miracles of a Mother's Love (with Brad). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2002.
31. Baby Miracles (with Brad). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2003.
Jakarta, Indonesia: BIP Gramedia, 2006.
32. The Gale Encyclopedia of the Unusual and the Unexplained/ Three Volumes (with Brad). Farmington Hills, MI: The Gale Group, 2003.
33. Cat Miracles (with Brad). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2003.
33. Horse Miracles (with Brad). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2004.
35. Miracles of Healing (with Brad). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2004.
36. Pet Miracles (with Brad). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2005.
37. Conspiracies and Secret Societies: The Complete Dossier (with Brad). Detroit: Visible Ink, 2006.
38. Puppy Miracles (with Brad). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2006.
Brad Steiger's Awards and Honors:
1974: San Francisco, the Genie, for Metaphysical Writer of the Year
1977: Philadelphia, the Dani, for Services to Humanity
1987: Inducted into the Hypnosis Hall of Fame
1996: Minneapolis, Lifetime Achievement Award at the National UFO and Unexplained Phenomena Conference
2008: The Number One Paranormal Best Seller Of The Year, Otherworldly Affaires: Haunted Lovers, Phantom Spouses, and Sexual Molesters from the Shadow World by Brad Steiger - Hauntedamericatours.com
Television appearances include Nightline with Ted Koppel, ABC Evening News with Peter Jennings, NBC Evening News with Tom Brokaw, This Week [with David Brinkley, Sam Donaldson, and Cokie Roberts] The Mike Douglas Show, The David Suskind Show, The Joan Rivers Show, Entertainment Tonight, Haunted Hollywood [for HBO], Inside Edition, The Unexplained [A&E], Giants: The Myth and the Mystery [The Learning Channel]. Fangs vs. Fiction [A&E]. The television series Could It Be a Miracle? features Brad and Sherry in 22 episodes.
Steiger guests on many radio programs in numerous cities throughout the United States, and he is a regular on Jeff Rense's Sightings on the Radio, George Noory's Coast to Coast, Erskine Overnight, The Allan Handelman Show.
He has been interviewed and featured in articles in The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles Herald Examiner, San Francisco Chronicle, Arizona Republic, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, Milwaukee Sentinel, Baltimore News American, Las Vegas Sun, The East Village Other, Publishers Weekly, Editor and Publisher, Des Moines Register, Dearborn Press, Fate, Family Weekly, Parade, Minneapolis Tribune, Wilmington News-Journal, The New Republic, South Bend Tribune, Library Journal, Buffalo Evening News, Scottsdale Progress, Phoenix Gazette, Scottsdale Magazine, Alamogordo Daily News, Arkansas Democrat Gazette, National Enquirer, National Examiner, The Globe.
Motion Pictures: In 1977, Steiger's best selling biography of the great silent screen lover Valentino was made into a motion picture by British director Ken Russell, starring Rudolf Nureyev. In that same year, Steiger co-scripted the documentary film Unknown Powers [with Jack Palance as narrator], winner of the Film Advisory Board's Award of Excellence for 1978.
Works of Fiction: In 1956, Steiger began publishing short stories of mystery, fantasy, and science fiction in a wide variety of magazines, including Alfred Hitchcock's, The Saint, Trapped, and Fantastic. Among his novels are The Hypnotist, The Chindi, Alien Rapture: The Chosen [with Edgar Fouche].
What the critics say about Brad Steiger's work:
Baltimore News American: "To a growing number of people, Brad Steiger...may be one of the keys to discoveries of the truth about our origins."
Los Angeles Times: "Steiger is...loving and inspirational and not without intellectual substance."
San Francisco Examiner: "Suspend disbelief when you talk to this man...He is intelligent, articulate, plausible."
Chicago Sun-Times: "Steiger is a calm-spoken man who could be the neighbor next door--if folks in your neighborhood research UFOs and things that go bump in the night."
Minneapolis Tribune: "Steiger is one of those rare students of borderline phenomena able to explore bizarre and improbable events--without lapsing into the guileless credulity of the cultist."
Los Angeles Herald Examiner: "Steiger approaches his subject matter dispassionately and lets the reader make up his own mind."
Atlanta Journal Constitution: "Steiger does not talk in the agitated voice of an alarmist...or a gloom and doom spokesman. He speaks slowly and calmly...His contact with other intelligence's does not make him feel special. They have showed him that we are all one."
Milwaukee Sentinel: "Brad Steiger's writing style moves at the pace of a whodunit, never losing clarity...Prepare to question a lifetime of comfortable beliefs when talking to Steiger, because he will quietly and systematically undermine most of them."
Knickerbocker News: "Students of the unexplained are as familiar with the name of Brad Steiger as parents are with the name of Dr. Spock."
The Arizona Republic: "Though Steiger's background has all the traditional trappings [Iowa farmer's son...the product of orthodox Lutheranism], his books are anything but traditional, dealing with UFOs, ghosts, ESP, and psychic phenomena. Steiger can make subjects such as these seem not so far- fetched...He is full of thought-provoking ideas."
Las Vegas Sun: "Watching Brad Steiger stand at a lecturn conducting a lecture is an unusual experience. His personality seems to reach out to touch everyone."
Oklahoma Daily: "A veteran of seeking answers in the realm where the questions are still uncertain, Steiger is one of the most widely known and respected investigators of unexplained occurrences."
Daily Illini: "Brad Steiger is probably the most popular author ever on the subject of unexplained phenomena...If he can show people that there is a part of themselves that is non-material, then he has, he feels, accomplished a spiritual purpose."
Fate Magazine: "Brad Steiger is the best of the popular authors...He is familiar not only with the popular literature but with scientific parapsychology as well."
Journal of the Spiritual Frontiers Fellowship: "Of the serious writers in the English language today, Brad Steiger is one of a small company that can utilize a clarity of language to blend his deep insights of his material with a story- telling style that literally sweeps one along as an involuntary speed-reader."
Triad Magazine: "To say Brad Steiger is a writer and speaker could be likened to calling Ludwig Van Beethoven a musician. Steiger has played a gigantic role in evolving the exploration of psychic phenomena from the sensationalistic to the realm of the realistic and the understandable."
Probe Magazine: "Without pedantic lectures resolving every mystery, without sanctimoniously showing us 'the way,' Steiger relates well-researched facts, tightly integrates them into the carefully woven tapestry of our reality,and presents possible answers."
Voted By You The Visitors of Haunted America Tours as the Number 1 Paranormal Best Seller of The year!
Otherworldly Affaires: Haunted Lovers, Phantom Spouses, and Sexual Molesters from the Shadow World BY Brad Steiger
BUY IT HERE NOW!
|THE GREATEST POWER OF ALL Of all the forces that move men and women, none is more powerful than that of love and sexual desire. This primal impulse apparently extends into the other world and is responsible for some of the most astounding chapters in the literature of psychic phenomena. Here are amazing yet absolutely true stories of - apparitions of lovers seen at their moment of death, - jealous lovers who have sought vengeance from beyond the grave, - sexual molesters from the other world, - warnings and advice from lovers who have passed over, - passionate liaisons between psychic mediums and their contacts, - seducers from UFOs, and even more extraordinary tales. Originally published as HAUNTED LOVERS, this book contains a multitude of actual case histories, many of which were recorded here for first time. BRAD STEIGER has been writing about the paranormal for more than four decades, during which he has produced more than 160 books on the subject. He regards this work, which was certainly ahead of its time, as one of his best books on the paranormal.
Get your very own copy of one of Brad Steiger' And Sherry Hansen Steiger's Great Best Sellers Here!
Real Zombies, the Living Dead, and Creatures of the Apocalypse (Paperback) by Brad Steiger
Real Zombies, the Living Dead, and Creatures of the Apocalypse By Brad Steiger List Price: $19.95 Price: $13.57 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details Availability: Not yet published Ships from and sold by Amazon.com Product Description
Featuring 30 chilling stories of real-life zombie encounters, this comprehensive and unsettling study draws upon traditions found throughout the world to dispel common depictions of zombies as lurching, flesh-eating automatons made popular by countless movies and books. This fascinating collection includes the stories of the Devil Baby of Bourbon Street, a monstrous creature complete with horns and tail that still lurks in the shadows of the Big Easy; Black Mama Courteaux and the great zombie war, involving hundreds of zombie soldiers battling for the supremacy of their queen; and the swamp child of Mama Cree, who still roams the bayous of Louisiana. In addition to the stories, a variety of zombie-related facts are explored, including ceremonies and initiations, zombies throughout history, sacred zombie and voodoo-related sites, and zombies and monsters of the Bible.
Tales of real zombies the walking dead have long been associated with ghostly tales and voodoo hoodoo secrets of the great south. From stories of Zombie soldiers fighting the great war of the States. And to terrifying tales of those of Zombie babies being born dead from the wombs of living mothers.
Buy It Here Now!
Please "Click" on an image below to learn more about each book.
Steiger claims to have written his first book when he was seven years old, and has published 162 books with over 17 million copies in print, including the biography of Rudolf Valentino, later made into a feature film by British director Ken Russell. From 1970-1973 Steiger wrote a weekly newspaper column, The Strange World Of Brad Steiger. He has authored over 2000 newspaper columns.
Buy it here now!
Synopsis: One of flamboyant director Ken Russell's more accessible biopics, Valentino is not totally successful but has several moments that are unforgettable. Among these are a horrifying jail sequence which takes advantage of the directors uncanny ability to capture grotesque cruelty; an explicitly sensual almost-seduction in a faux desert setting; and a powerful (and painful) climactic boxing scene. There are also a number of the directors trademark over-the-top visual flourishes, such as Leslie Carons entrance as she comes to view Valentino's body; like most such moments, its ultimately distracting and goes on too long to make the desired contribution to the film, but its impressive nonetheless. Fortunately, Russell keeps much of his excesses under control; unfortunately, the script does not reward him for his relative restraint, as it fails to create a fully three-dimensional portrait of the titular character. It revolves around an intriguing idea that the screens greatest lover was actually a slave to the women in his life but that idea is not really developed, and there is no attempt to explore why this should have been. Indeed, aside from the fact that Valentino is presented as a reluctant sex symbol who would rather have devoted his time to growing oranges, there is little interesting about the character. Rudolph Nureyev's unsure performance does not help matters, although he at least is physically right for the role. Caron is amusing in a supporting part, but Michelle Phillips fares less well; she is too relentlessly one-note for a role of this size. Like many films about performers, Valentino fails to make the central character come alive, but it does have enough assets to keep the viewer fairly entertained.
VALENTINO: An Intimate and Shocking Expose. by Brad Steiger & Chaw Mank. Buy it here now!
Brad Steiger is the author/coauthor of 166 books with over 17 million copies in print.
His titles include . . .
Biographies: Valentino, Judy Garland, Thorpe's Gold (The Story of Olympic athlete Jim Thorpe) Greta Garbo
Books of inspiration: Love Is A Miracle, One with the Light
The phenomenal and the paranormal: , The Werewolf Book: An Encyclopedia of Shapeshifting Beings; Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, and Haunted Places; The Gale Encyclopedia [three volumes] of the Unusual and Unexplained; Conspiracies and Secret Societies: The Complete Dossier; Shadow World
Spirituality: Revelation--The Divine Fire, Touched by Heaven's Light, American Indian Medicine Power, Totems
UFO research: Strangers from the Skies, Project Bluebook, The Rainbow Conspiracy, UFO Odyssey
Prehistory: Atlantis Rising, Mysteries of Time and Space, Worlds Before Our Own
True crime: The Mass Murderer, Bizarre Crime
|The Complete Bibliography of Brad Steiger Books (1965-2006)
1. Monsters, Maidens, and Mayhem: A Pictorial History of Hollywood Film Monsters. Chicago: Merit Books, 1965.
2. Master Movie Monsters. Chicago: Merit Books, 1965.
3. Bizarre Beauties: History’s Most Fatal Females. Chicago: Merit Books, 1965.
4. Sensual Secret Agents. Chicago: Merit Books, 1965.
5. Ghosts, Ghouls, and Other Peculiar People. Chicago: Merit Books, 1965.
6. Garbo (with Chaw Mank). Chicago: Merit Books, 1966.
7. Strange Guests. New York: Ace Books, 1966.
San Antonio/Jefferson Valley, NY: Anomalist Books 2006.
8. The Unknown. New York: Popular Library, 1966.
9. Strangers from the Skies. New York: Award Books, 1966.
10. The Flying Saucer Menace (A one-shot magazine, fully illustrated; text by Steiger) New York: Award Books, 1966.
11. World of the Weird. New York: Belmont Books, 1966.
12. ESP: Your Sixth Sense. (Several printings; used as text in numerous colleges; adapted as workbook for high schools). New York: Award Books, 1966.
13. Valentino (with Chaw Mank). New York: Macfadden-Bartell, 1966. New York: Manor Books, 1975.
UK Edition: Corgi, 1976.
Spanish: Ediciones Picazo, 1977.
In 1977, Valentino served as the basis for the motion picture directed by Ken Russell and starring Rudolf Nureyev, Michelle Phillips, and Leslie Caron.
14. Flying Saucers Are Hostile (with Joan Whritenour) New York: Award Books, 1967.
15. The Mass Murderer. New York: Award Books, 1967.
16. The Enigma of Reincarnation. New York: Ace Books, 1967.
17. Strange Men and Women. New York: Popular Library, 1967.
18. Beyond Unseen Boundaries. New York: Popular Library, 1967.
19. Treasure Hunting. New York: Ace Books, 1967.
20. Strange Powers of Prophecy. New York: Popular Library, 1967.
21. Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, and Haunted Minds. New York: Award Books, 1968.
22. Pendragon: A Clairvoyant’s Power of Prophecy (with John Pendragon). New York: Award Books, 1968. London: Tandem Books, 1968.
23. The Occult World of John Pendragon (Editor). New York: Ace Books, 1968.
24. Voices from Beyond. New York: Award Books, 1968.
25. The Allende Letters: New UFO Breakthrough (with Joan Whritenour). New York: Award Books, 1968. London: Tandem Books, 1968.
26. The Allende Letters (Editor: one-shot magazine, fully illustrated). New York: Award Books, 1968.
27. In My Soul I Am Free. New York: Lancer Books, 1968.
San Diego: Illuminated Way Press, 1974.
28. Strange Powers of Healing. New York: Popular Library, 1968.
29. Sex and the Supernatural. New York: Lancer Books, 1968.
Italian Edition: Dellavalle, 1970.
30. The Mind Travelers. New York, Award Books, 1968. London: Tandem Books, 1968.
31. Cupid and the Stars. (with John Pendragon) New York: Ace Books, 1969.
32. The Tarot (with Ron Warmoth). New York: Award Books, 1969. London: Tandem Books, 1969.
33. Sex and Satanism. New York: Ace Books, 1969.
34. Judy Garland. New York: Ace Books, 1969.
35. How To Use ESP (with Dorothy Spence Lauer). New York: Lancer Books, 1969.
Lakeville, MN: Galde Press, 1998.
36. The Weird, the Wild, and the Wicked (with John Pendragon). New York: Pyramid Publications, 1969.
37. Other Lives (with Loring G. Williams). New York: Hawthorn, 1969. New York: Award Books, 1969. London: Tandem Books, 1969.
38. The Abominable Snowman (with Warren Smith, writing under Eric Norman). New York: Award Books, 1969. London: Tandem Books, 1969.
39. Strange Powers of ESP. New York: Belmont Books, 1969.
40. Weird Unsolved Mysteries. (Eric Norman). New York: Award Books, 1969.
41. Flying Saucer Invasion: Target Earth. (with Joan Whritenour). New York: Award Books, 1969. London: Tandem Books, 1969.
42. The Underpeople (with Warren Smith, writing as Eric Norman) . New York: Award Books, 1969.
43. The Johnny Cash Story. (with Hugh Cherry). New York: Lancer Books, 1970.
44. What the Seers Predict in 1971 (with Warren Smith). New York: Lancer Books, 1970.
45. Handwriting Analysis (with William Howard). New York: Ace Books, 1970.
46. Know the Future Today: The Amazing Prophecies of Irene Hughes. New York: Paperback Library, 1970.
47. The Country Music Scrapbook (with Hugh Cherry). New York: Lancer Books, 1970.
48. Chaw Mank’s Psychic Diary of the Stars. New York: Popular Library, 1970.
49. Aquarian Revelations. New York: Dell Books, 1971.
New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light, 1987.
50. What the Seers Predict for 1972 (with Warren Smith). New York: Lancer Books, 1971.
51. Minds Through Space and Time. New York, Award Books, 1971. London: Tandem Books, 1971.
52. Haunted Lovers. New York: Dell Books, 1971.
53. Secrets of Kahuna Magic. (Editor, selected writings of Max Freedom Long) New York: Award Books, 1971.
Rockport, MA: Para Research, 1981.
54. Satan’s Assassins (with Warren Smith). New York: Lancer Books, 1971.
55. The Psychic Feats of Olof Jonsson. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1971.
New York: Popular Library, 1973.
Swedish Edition: Zindermans, 1973.
56. Strange Encounters with Ghosts. New York: Popular Library, 1972.
57. America’s Leading Clairvoyants Reveal Their Predictions for 1973 (with Glenn McWane). New York: Award Books, 1972.
58. Strange Disappearances. New York: Lancer Books, 1972
59. Irene Hughes on Psychic Safari. New York: Paperback Library, 1972.
60. Revelation: The Divine Fire. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1973.
New York: Berkley, 1981.
New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light (condensed version) 1988.
Forest Hill, CA: Reality Press, 2006.
61. The Devil Is Alive and Well and Living in America Today (with Jason Michaels/Other Dimensions). New York: Award Books, 1973.
62. Possession (writing under the name of Christopher Dane/Other Dimensions). New York: Popular Library, 1973.
63. Atlantis Rising. New York: Dell Books, 1973.
UK Edition: Sphere Books, 1977.
Lakeville, MN: Galde Press, 2007.
64. The Occult in the Orient (Christopher Dane/Other Dimensions). New York: Popular Library, 1974.
65. Psychic Travel (Christopher Dane/Other Dimensions). New York: Popular Library, 1974.
66. Mysteries of Time and Space. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1974.
New York: Dell Books: 1976, 1979.
North Hollywood, CA: Newcastle (as The Reality Game), 1988.
West Chester, PA: Whitford Press, 1989.
67. Medicine Power: The American Indian’s Revival of His Spiritual Heritage and Its Relevance for Modern Man. Garden City, NY: Doubleday and Company, 1974.
Gloucester, PA: Para Research (Indian Medicine Power, revised edition), 1984.
68. Medicine Talk: A Guide to Walking in Balance and Surviving on the Earth Mother. Garden City, NY: Doubleday and Company, 1975.
69. Words from the Source. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1975. German Edition: Verlag Die Silberschnur, 1982.
70. Other Worlds, Other Universes: Playing the Reality Game (Editor, with John W. White). Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1975.
Spanish Edition: Bibliotecha Universal Caralt, 1977.
71. The Strange World of Brad Steiger (Collection of newspaper columns of the same name). New York: Kensington/Zebra, 1975.
72. A Roadmap of Time. (Editor of the files of the Maxwell-Wheeler Energy Cycles). Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1975.
73. UFO Missionaries Extraordinary (with Hayden Hewes). New York: Pocket Books, 1976.
74. Psychic City Chicago: Doorway to Another Dimension. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1976.
75. Gods of Aquarius: UFOs and the Transformation of Man. New York: Harcourt, Brace, Jovanovich, 1976.
UK Hardcover Edition: W.H. Allen, 1977.
UK Massmarket: Panther/Granada, 1980.
Japanese Edition: 1978.
Italian Edition: SIAD, 1978. New York: Berkley, 1981.
76. Project Bluebook (Editor). New York: Ballantine Books, 1976. Numerous reprintings; numerous foreign editions.
77. Alien Meetings. New York: Ace Books, 1978.
78. You Will Live Again. New York: Dell Books, 1978. Blue Dolphin Press, 1996.
79. Worlds Before Our Own. New York: Putnam, 1978.
New York: Berkley, 1979.
UK Hardcover Edition: W. H. Allen, 1980.
UK Massmarket Edition: Star Books, 1980.
Spanish Edition: Nuevos Temas EDAF, 1979.
San Antonio/Jefferson Valley, NY: Anomalist Books, 2007.
80. The Hypnotist. New York: Dell Books, 1979.
New York: Berkley/Jove, 1990.
81. Life Without Pain (with Komar). Berkley, 1979.
82. Encounters of the Angelic Kind. Cottonwood, AZ, 1979.
83. The Chindi. New York: Dell Books, 1980. New York: Berkley/Jove, 1990.
84. The Star People (with F. Paschal). New York, Berkley, 1981.
85. Unknown Powers. New York: Berkley, 1981. This book is an adaptation of the documentary scripted by Don Como, Richard Cory, and Steiger that won the Film Advisory Board’s Award of Excellence for 1979. The film featured Jack Palance as narrator with Will Geer, Roscoe Lee Browne, and Samantha Eggar.
86. True Ghost Stories. Rockport, MA: Para Research, 1982.
87. The World Beyond Death. Norfolk, VA: Donning Publishing Co., 1982
88. Astral Projection. Rockport, MA: Para Research, 1982.
89. Monsters Among Us. Rockport, MA: Para Research, 1982.
New York: Berkley, 1989.
Lakeville, MN: Galde Press, 2006.
90. The Seed. New York: Berkley, 1983.
91. Discover Your Own Past Lives. (with Frances Steiger). New York: Dell Books, 1983.
West Chester, PA: Whitford Press, 1987.
92. Thorpe’s Gold: An American Tragedy and Triumph (with Charlotte Thorpe). New York: Quicksilver/Dell, 1984.
93. Brad Steiger Predicts the Future: Gloucester, MA: Para Research, 1984.
94. The Love Force. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1985.
95. American Indian Magic, Sacred Pow-Wows, and Hopi Prophecies. New Brunswick, NJ: 1986.
Japanese edition: Makoto Akiyama, 1991.
96. Stella: One Woman’s Victory Over Cancer (with Stella Andres). Tempe, AZ: Synergy Books, 1986.
97. Demon Lovers. New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light, 1986.
98. The Healing Power of Love. West Chester, PA: Whitford Press, 1988.
99. The Fellowship: Spiritual Contact Between Humans and Outer Space Beings (special editing by Sherry Hansen). New York: Doubleday, 1988.
New York: Ballantine/Ivy, 1989.
German edition: Zweitausendeins, 1991.
Japanese edition, 1992.
100. The UFO Abductors (special research by Sherry Hansen Steiger). New York: Berkley, 1988.
101. Exploring the Power Within. West Chester, PA: Whitford Press, 1989.
102. Overlords of Atlantis and the Great Pyramids. New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light, 1989.
103. The Philadelphia Experiment and Other UFO Conspiracies (with Sherry Hansen Steiger and Alfred Bielek). New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light, 1990.
104. Ghosts Among Us. New York: Berkley, 1990.
105. Hollywood and the Supernatural (with Sherry Hansen Steiger). New York: St. Martin’s Press, 1990.
New York: Berkley, 1992.
106. The Promise (Dr. Fred Bell as told to Brad Steiger). New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light, 1991.
107. Demon Deaths (with Sherry Hansen Steiger). New York: Berkley, 1991.
108. Indian Wisdom and Its Guiding Power (with Sherry Hansen Steiger). West Chester, PA: Whitford Press, 1991.
109. Beyond Belief. New York: Scholastic, 1991.
110. Mystical Legends of the Shamans (with Sherry Hansen Steiger). New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light, 1991.
111. Montezuma’s Serpent and Other True Supernatural Tales of the Southwest (with Sherry Hansen Steiger). New York: Paragon House, 1992.
112. Bizarre Crime. New York: Signet, 1992.
British Edition: Pan/Macmillan, 1993.
Netherlands Edition: Bzztoh, 1994.
113. Undying Love (with Sherry Hansen Steiger). New York: Berkley, 1992.
114. The Other. New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light, 1992.
115. The Teaching Power of Dreams (with Sherry Hansen Steiger). West Chester, PA: Whitford Press, 1992.
116. Starborn (with Sherry Hansen Steiger). New York: Berkley, 1992.
117. Strange Powers of Pets (with Sherry Hansen Steiger). New York: Donald Fine, 1992.
New York: Berkley, 1993.
UK Edition: Headline Books, 1993.
118. Super Scientists of Ancient Atlantis and Other Unknown Worlds (with Sherry Hansen Steiger). New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light, 1993.
119. American Indian Dreambook. West Chester, PA: Whitford Press, 1993.
120. Amazing Moms (with Sherry Hansen Steiger). New York: Signet, 1994.
121. Cats Incredible! New York: Plume Books, 1994.
UK Edition (as Bizarre Cats!): Pan/Macmillan, 1994.
122: The Rainbow Conspiracy (with Sherry Hansen Steiger). New York: Kensington/Pinnacle, 1994. Reissued by Kensington/Citadel in 2001 as UFOs Are Here!
123. One with the Light: Authentic Near-Death Experiences that Changed Lives and Revealed the Beyond. New York: Signet, 1994.
Netherlands: Ankh-Hermes, 1996.
124. More Strange Powers of Pets (with Sherry). New York: Donald Fine, 1994.
125. Angels Over Their Shoulders: Children’s Encounters with Heavenly Beings (with Sherry). New York: Fawcett/Columbine, 1995.
Spanish Edition: Selector, 2002, 2006.
126. Guardian Angels and Spirit Guides: True Accounts of Benevolent Beings from the Other Side. New York: Plume Books, 1995.
127. Angels of Love: True Stories of Matches Made in Heaven. New York: Kensington/Pinnacle, 1995.
128. The Awful Thing in the Attic. Lakeville, MN: Galde Press, 1995. Barnes & Noble Edition: Things that Go Bump in the Night and Other Shriekingly True Tales of Terror, 2004.
UK Edition: Bounty Books, 2005.
129. Man and Dog. New York: Donald Fine, 1995.
130. Children of the Light (with Sherry). New York: Signet, 1995.
131. Mysteries of Animal Intelligence (with Sherry). New York: Tor Books, 1995. Reissued by Tor/Amazon, 2007.
132. Other Worlds, Other Lives. New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light, 1995.
133. Returning from the Light: How Awareness of Past Lives Can Illumine the Present and Change the Future. New York: Signet, 1996.
134. Destined to Love. New York: Kensington/Pinnacle, 1996.
135. Mother Mary Speaks to Us (with Sherry). New York: Penguin, 1996. New York: Signet, 1997.
136. Angels Around the World (with Sherry). New York: Random House, 1996.
137. The Wisdom Teachings of Archangel Michael (Lori Jean Flory told to Brad Steiger). New York: Signet, 1997.
138. Totems: The Transformative Power of Your Personal Animal Totem. San Francisco: HarperSanFrancisco, 1997.
139. Inside Heaven’s Gate (with Hayden Hewes). New York: Signet, 1997.
140. He Walks with Me: True Encounters with Jesus (with Sherry). New York: Signet, 1998.
141. Alien Rapture (with Ed Fouche). Lakeville, MN: Galde Press, 1998.
142. The Source (with Art Bell). New Orleans: Paper Chase, 1999.
New York: Signet, 2002.
143. UFO Odyssey (with Sherry). New York: Ballantine, 1999.
144. Touched by Heaven’s Light (with Sherry). New York: Signet, 1999.
145. Animal Miracles (with Sherry). Holbrook, MA: Adams Media, 1999.
146. The Werewolf Book: The Encyclopedia of Shape-Shifting Beings. Detroit: Visible Ink, 1999.
147. Shadow World. New York: Signet, 2000.
148. Out of the Dark: A Complete Guide to Beings from Beyond. New York: Kensington, 2001.
149. Our Shared World of the Supernatural. New York: Signet, 2001.
150. Love Is a Miracle. New York: Kensington, 2001.
151. Christmas Miracles (with Sherry). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2001.
152. Dog Miracles (with Sherry). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2001.
153. Miracles of a Mother’s Love (with Sherry). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2002.
154. Baby Miracles (with Sherry). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2003.
155. The Gale Encyclopedia of the Unusual and the Unexplained/ Three Volumes (with Sherry). Farmington Hills, MI: The Gale Group, 2003.
156. Cat Miracles (with Sherry). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2003.
157. Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, and Haunted Places. Detroit: Visible Ink, 2003.
158. Horse Miracles (with Sherry). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2004.
159. Miracles of Healing (with Sherry). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2004.
160. Pet Miracles (with Sherry). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2005.
161. Conspiracies and Secret Societies: The Complete Dossier (with Sherry). Detroit: Visible Ink, 2006.
162. Puppy Miracles (with Sherry). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2006.
163. Angel Miracles (with Sherry). Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2008.
164. Real Angels: Guiding Spirits, Benevolent Beings, and Heavenly Hosts (with Sherry). Benjamin Street Press, April 2009.
165. Real Miracles, Divine Interventions, and Feats of Incredible Survival (with Sherry). Canton, MI: Visible Ink Press, June 2009.
166. Real Vampires, Night Stalkers, and Creatures from the Darkside. Canton, MI: Visible Ink Press, September 2009.
167. Santa Miracles: 50 True Stories that Celebrate the Most Magical Time of the Year (with Sherry). Avon, MA: Adams Media, October, 2009.
168. Dog Miracles--Lost and Found: Inspiring Stories of Lost Dogs Finding Their Way Home (with Sherry). Avon, MA: Adams Media, February 2010.
Brad Steiger Official Web Site Visit It Here Now: "www.bradandsherry.com"
Personal life and beliefs
Steiger is married to Sherry Hansen Steiger, a former model. He is a former high school teacher, and college instructor. He began writing when he was a school teacher in his native Iowa when he had writings published in Fate Magazine and other publications. Throughout the 1960s Steiger co-wrote 22 books with other writers. Steiger claims to be politically independent, and cynical of politics. He lists his political heroes, however, as Jonathan Swift, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson. When asked about individuals he admired, Steiger listed Ralph Waldo Emerson, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Mark Twain, William Shakespeare, Jesus Christ, Mary Magdalene, William James, Fredric W.H. Myers, Rudolf Steiner, Sir William Crookes, and Mario Lanza as those he would have liked to have met.
In an online interview with Dan Schneider, Steiger claimed to be an 'Emersonian transcendentalist,' and summed up his philosophy this way:
I believe humankind is part of a larger community of intelligence's, a complex hierarchy of powers and principalities, a potentially rich kingdom of interrelated species, both physical and nonphysical. I believe that humankind’s one truly essential factor is its spirituality. The artificial concepts to which we have given the designation of sciences are no truer than dreams, visions, and inspirations. The quest for absolute proof or objective truth may always be meaningless and unattainable when it seeks to define and limit our Soul, which I believe is eternal, evolving higher, seeking to return to the Source from whence it came. I believe that technology plays a far smaller role in the lives of nations than the spirit, for the essence of humankind is its intellect and its Soul. Machines, associations, political parties, and trade balances are but transitory realities that must ultimately wither, decay, and come to nothing. The only lasting truths are Soul, imagination, and inspiration.
Steiger and his wife are also animal lovers and believers in animal rights. Steiger claims, "We are appalled by any mistreatment of animals—chemical testing, dogfights, rooster fights, bull fights. We must learn to respect all living things if we are to survive with dignity as a species. I doubt if I could live for any length of time without a dog. Fortunately, my wife and children feel the same. We are all dog owners. Dogs are our connection with nature and the Earth Mother.
Brad and Sherry Steiger
The Late Professor
Hans Holzer, Ph.D., was a leading authority
in the field of the paranormal. After
penning 138 books as well as several
plays, musicals, films, and documentaries
and hosting a television show, the
only thing that slows him down today
is a mishap from an operation on his
leg three years ago. What does it
slow him down from? “Swing dancing,”
speaking, Dr. Holzer has seen
and heard it all. He’s
worked with the great psychic
legends like Sybil Leek (the
witch), he’s investigated
some of the most prominent haunted
locations around the world,
and he’s come as close
as a living person can to touching
the “other side of life”
– a term he’s quick
to point out that he invented.
He was also
involved in investigating The
26, 1920 in Vienna, Austria,
Holzer embraced the supernatural
from a young age. He had an
uncle Henry who used to tell
him about fairies. Uncle Henry
had many interests in the field
of the paranormal, and he certainly
left an impression on young
Hans. “I was in kindergarten,”
Holzer said. “I was four
years old – I see this
as vividly today as when it
happened – I see myself
seated in a little yellow chair
with all of the other kids around,
and I was in the middle, pretending
to read from an expired streetcar
pass of my father’s. I
couldn’t read at four,
but I pretended. And I was ‘reading’
them ghost stories. Obviously
fictional ghost stories, but
the kids loved it. The only
trouble was that they told their
parents at home.”
HANS HOLZER is the author of more
than 138 books, many of them dealing
with paranormal phenomena. He has
been active in television and films
as a writer, and has been a producer
of the In Search Of series. Dr. Holzer
lectures widely, and he lives in New
Filmography as: Writer, Miscellaneous
Writer - filmography
The Amityville Curse (1990) (V) (book)
Amityville II: The Possession (1982)
(book Murder in Amityville)
Filmography as: Writer, Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous Crew - filmography
Night of Dark Shadows (1971) (technical
... aka Curse of Dark Shadows
Filmography as: Writer, Miscellaneous
Self - filmography
History's Mysteries: Amityville -
The Haunting (2000) (TV) .... Himself
History's Mysteries: Amityville -
Horror or Hoax (2000) (TV) .... Himself
Born Again (1970)
The Red Chindvit Conspiracy (1970)
The Psychic World of Bishop Pike (1970)
Prophets Speak (1971)
The Alchemy Deception (1973)
The Habsburg Curse (1973)
The Clairvoyant (1976)
Psychic Detective: The Unicorn (1976)
The Entry (1981)
Star of Destiny (1981)
The Secret of Amityville (1985)
Tales at Midnight (1994)
Ghosts I've Met (1965)
Yankee Ghosts (1966)
The Lively Ghosts Of Ireland (1967)
ESP and You (1968)
Window to the Past: Exploring History
Through ESP (1969)
The Aquarian Age: Is There Intelligent
Life on Earth? (1971)
The New Pagans: An Inside Report On
the Mystery Cults of Today (1972)
Beyond Medicine (1973)
Great British Ghost Hunt (1975)
The UFO-NAUTS: New Facts on Extraterrestrial
The Psychic Side of Dreams (1976)
Inside Witchcraft (1980)
Where the Ghosts Are: The Ultimate
Guide to Haunted Houses (Library of
the Mystic Arts) (1984)
Ghosts of New England: True Stories
of Encounters With the Phantoms of
New England and New York (1989)
Haunted House Album: A Ghostly Register
of the World's Most Frightening Haunted
Americas Mysterious Places (1992)
Love Beyond the Grave (1992)
Life Beyond: Compelling Evidence for
Past Lives and Existence After Death
The Directory of Psychics: How to
Find, Evaluate, and Communicate with
Professional Psychics and Mediums
The Secret of Healing: The Healing
Powers of Ze'Ev Kolman (1996)
Ghosts: True Encounters with the World
Are You Psychic?: Unlocking the Power
Hans Holzer's Travel Guide to Haunted
More Where The Ghosts Are: The Ultimate
Guide to Haunted Houses (2001)
Beyond Death (2001) (with Philip Solomon)
Hans Holzer's Psychic Yellow Pages:
The Very Best Psychics, Card Readers,
Mediums, Astrologers, and Numberologists
Taylor is the author of more than
40 books about history, hauntings
and the unexplained in America, including
Haunted Illinois, The Ghost Hunter’s
Guidebook, Weird Illinois and many
others. He is the founder and president
of the “American Ghost Society”,
a national network of ghost hunters
that collects stories of ghost sightings
and haunted houses and uses investigative
techniques to track down evidence
of the supernatural.
Taylor was born on September 24,
1966 in Decatur, Illinois, a Midwestern
city that is steeped in legend and
lore. Even the hospital in which he
was born is allegedly haunted by a
phantom nun! He grew up fascinated
with “things that go bump in
the night”, as well as the writings
of haunted travel writer Richard Winer
and legendary ghost hunter, Harry
Price. In school, Taylor was well-known
for his interest in the paranormal
and often took friends on informal
ghost tours of haunted places all
over downstate Illinois. He would
later turn this interest into his
In 1989, Taylor started working in
a bookstore and a few years later,
he wrote his first book on ghosts.
It was called Haunted Decatur and
delved into the ghosts and hauntings
of the city where he grew up. He also
created a tour that took guests to
places that he had written about in
the book. The book became an immediate
success and its popularity, along
with his previous experiences with
ghost hunting, established Taylor
as an authority on the supernatural.
The book and tour led to media and
public appearances and numerous requests
to investigate ghostly phenomena.
In 1996, Taylor organized a group
of ghost enthusiasts into an investigation
team and the American Ghost Society
was launched, gained over 600 members
in the years that followed. The organization
continues today as one of America’s
largest and most honored research
In 1998, Taylor moved his operations,
which now included the American Ghost
Society, a history and hauntings bookstore
and a publishing company called Whitechapel
Press, to Alton, Illinois, near St.
Louis. In Alton, Taylor started his
second tour company, Alton Hauntings,
which also took guests to local haunted
places in the small Mississippi River
town. He would go on to put the place
on the map as “one of the most
haunted small towns in America.”
Taylor remained in Alton until 2005,
when he returned to Decatur. By then,
he had also established two more tour
companies, in Springfield, Illinois
and another company that arranges
overnight stays in haunted places.
These tours, including those in Decatur
and Alton, were organized under the
heading of the Illinois Hauntings
Ghost Tours. Taylor also continued
the operation of Whitechapel Press,
which specializes in ghost-related
titles and has more than a dozen authors
working under its banner. In 2006,
Taylor also launched the Weird Chicago
Tours, which are based on his book,
Weird Illinois, which was published
by Barnes & Noble Press.
Along with writing about the unusual
and hosting tours, Taylor is also
a public speaker on the subject of
ghosts and hauntings and has spoken
to literally hundreds of private and
public groups on a variety of paranormal
subjects. He has appeared in newspaper
and magazine articles about ghosts
and has also been fortunate enough
to be interviewed hundreds of times
for radio and television broadcasts
about the supernatural. He has also
appeared in a number of documentary
films, several television series and
in one feature film about the paranormal.
He currently resides in Central Illinois
with his wife, Haven, in a decidedly
HAUNTED ILLINOIS BOOKS
Haunted Illinois (1999 / 2001 / 2004)
Haunted Decatur (1995)
More Haunted Decatur (1996)
Ghosts of Millikin (1996 / 2001)
Where the Dead Walk (1997 / 2002)
Dark Harvest (1997)
Ghosts of Springfield (1997)
Haunted Decatur Revisited (2000)
Flickering Images (2001)
Haunted Decatur: 13th Anniversary
Haunted Alton (2000 / 2003)
Haunted Chicago (2003)
The Haunted President (2005)
Mysterious Illinois (2006)
HAUNTED FIELD GUIDE BOOKS
The Ghost Hunter's Guidebook (1997/
1999 / 2001/ 2004)
Confessions of a Ghost Hunter (2002)
Field Guide to Haunted Graveyards
Ghosts on Film (2005)
So, There I Was... (With Len Adams)
HISTORY & HAUNTINGS SERIES
The Haunting of America (2001)
Into the Shadows (2002)
Down in the Darkness (2003)
Out Past the Campfire Light (2004)
OTHER GHOSTLY TITLES
Spirits of the Civil War (1999)
Season of the Witch (1999/ 2002)
Haunted New Orleans (2000)
Beyond the Grave (2001)
No Rest for the Wicked (2001)
Haunted St. Louis (2002)
The Devil Came to St. Louis (2006)
BARNES & NOBLE PRESS TITLES
Weird U.S. (Co-Author with Mark Moran
& Mark Scuerman) (2004)
Weird Illinois (Barnes & Noble
Haunting of America (2006)
Historian & Paranormal Investigator
It could be said
that Mark Nesbitt’s first ghost
investigations took place in the 1970s
when he was a National Park Service
Ranger at Gettysburg. Patrolling the
battlefield at night could be a downright
thrilling experience. When his shift
was done, he would head for home,
one of the historic buildings on the
battlefield—buildings that had
been used as hospitals during the
battle. More than once, in the middle
of the night, he was awakened by strange
noises which appeared to have no source—at
least no visible source.
entire Ghost Of Gettysburg
series is well researched,
documented and written.
And presents each haunting
in a straightforward, no-nonsense
manner and maintains the
perfect balance of skepticism
newest book: "Haunted Pennsylania"
is now available. Order your copy
of these experiences and other ghostly
stories about the historic battlefield
eventually became the crux for his
national award-winning book Ghosts
of Gettysburg (1991). Five more books
in the series followed, along with
The Ghost Hunter’s Field Guide:
Gettysburg & Beyond (2005).
After 25 years of
interviewing individuals who had experienced
the paranormal—often in the
haunted sites where the events happened—Mark,
in 1994, became truly proactive in
the field of paranormal investigation.
On the darkened Gettysburg Battlefield,
Mark, along with Rick Fisher, founder
and president of Paranormal Society
of Pennsylvania, began seeking out
the ghosts he had written about for
so many years. Since then, Mark has
participated in, or led, over one
hundred investigations of scores of
haunted sites in Gettysburg, and on
the Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania Court
House, Wilderness, and Chancellorsville
Battlefields; in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia
and Johnstown, Pennsylvania; in Maryland,
Ohio, South Carolina, Georgia, and
other states. He has also conducted
hands-on workshops on paranormal investigation
techniques for those interested in
learning more about this field.
Dead On Productions is a partnership
between historian Mark Nesbitt, author
of the highly acclaimed Ghosts of
Gettysburg series, and Investigative
Medium Laine Crosby, marketing strategist
and former director of marketing for
high-tech ventures, including the
launch of The Weather Channel New
Media and weather.com.
duo also co-host the talk show Ghost
Talkers. The show includes interviews
with psychics, authors, historians,
and paranormal investigators. The
first season’s topics include:
unpublished Gettysburg ghost stories,
capturing electronic voice phenomenon,
psychic encounters, demonology, possessed
possessions, and all things paranormal.
“We noticed a void in the market-
audiences’ desires were not
being met,” said executive producer
Laine Crosby, an ex-marketing executive
who now works as an Investigative
Medium. “Although national cable
networks have begun to offer quality
programming about the paranormal,
with the exception of the random podcast,
the Internet seems to be dead silent.
We are the first non-television network
to launch this unique programming
in the high-tech world.”
is EVP—electronic voice phenomena—of
which he has several hundred examples.
His collection of EVP is the core
of his next book, Dead Men Talking:
The Spirit Voices of the Civil War.
leading a Paranormal Investigation
Workshop at The Ghosts of Gettysburg
Please join Mark Nesbitt and all of
us at the Ghosts of Gettysburg for
these book signings and other special
FREE HAUNTED WALLPAPER DESCKTOP
SIZE to view actual Haunted America
Tours background wallpaper "THE
SIZE BELOW", then just right-click
wallpaper to download.
X 600 1024
of Gettysburg Candlelight Walking
271 Baltimore Street ,Gettysburg,
Visit them here Official Web site:
"Nick" Redfern (born 1964
in Pelsall, Walsall, West Midlands)
is a British Ufologist/Cryptozoologist
now living in Dallas, Texas, U.S.
His is an active advocate of official
disclosure, and has worked to uncover
thousands of pages of previously-classified
Royal Air Force, Air Ministry and
Ministry of Defence files on UFOs
dating from the Second World War from
the Public Record Office and currently
works as a feature writer and contributing
editor for Phenomena magazine.
authored several best-selling
books on UFOs including: The
FBI Files: The FBI's UFO Top
Secrets Exposed; and Cosmic
Crashes: The Incredible Story
Of The UFOs That Fell To Earth.
Cosmic Crashes by Nick Redfern
- ISBN 0-671-03306-9
A Covert Agenda: The British
Government's UFO Top Secrets
Exposed by Nick Redfern -
Strange Secrets by Nick Redfern
and Andy J. Roberts - ISBN
Body Snatchers in the Desert:
The Horrible Truth at the
Heart of the Roswell Story
by Nick Redfern - ISBN 0-7434-9753-8
The F.B.I. Files by Nick Redfern
- ISBN 0-684-86834-2
Three Men Seeking Monsters
by Nick Redfern - ISBN 0-7434-8254-9
On The Trail Of The Saucer
Spies by Nick Redfern - ISBN
Celebrity Secrets: Official
Government Files on the Rich
and Famous by Nick Redfern
- ISBN 1-4165-2866-0
Man-Monkey - In Search of
the British Bigfoot by Nick
Redfern - ISBN 1-9057-2316-4
Memoirs of a Monster Hunter:
A Five-Year Journey in Search
of the Unknown by Nick Redfern
- ISBN 1-5641-4976-5
According to an interview
with Nick Redfern, Redfern
states that "Andy Roberts
and I have a book coming out
next year on an alleged UFO
crash incident in Wales in
1974." This relates to
the Berwyn Mountain Incident.
Redfern attended Pelsall
Comprehensive School in Pelsall
from 1976 to 1981.
He joined a rock music
and fashion magazine Zero in 1981;
where he trained journalism, writing,
magazine production and photography,
later going on write freelance articles
on UFOs during the mid-1980s.
From 1984 until 2001
he worked as a freelance feature
writer for the Daily Express, People,
Western Daily Press and Express
& Star newspapers, as well as
a full-time feature writer Planet
on Sunday. Between 1996 and 2001
he worked as a freelance journalist
for the following newsstand magazines
in Britain: The Weekender, Animals,
Animals, Animals, Pet Reptile, Military
Illustrated, Eye-Spy, The Unopened
Files and The X-Factor.
Between 1996 and 2000
Redfern signed a three-book publishing
deal with Simon & Schuster of
London for the publication of A
Covert Agenda: The British Government’s
UFO Top Secrets Exposed (1997),
The FBI Files: The FBI’s UFO
Top Secrets Exposed (1998) and Cosmic
Crashes: The Incredible Story of
the UFOs That Fell to Earth (2000).
These books were published in the
UK, Canada, Russia, Poland, Australia,
New Zealand and Portugal.
In 2003 Paraview-Pocket
Books, New York published Nick Redfern’s
book Strange Secrets: Real Government
Files on the Unknown in May of that
year. And, in March 2004 Paraview-Pocket
Books, New York, publish his book
Three Men Seeking Monsters: Six
Weeks in Pursuit of Werewolves,
Lake Monsters, Giant Cats, Ghostly
Devil Dogs, and Ape-Men.
This book tells the
story of his relationship with Jonathan
Downes and Richard Freeman of the
Centre for Fortean Zoology, and
has been optioned by Universal Studios
for a Hollywood Film. Redfern has
run the U.S branch of the CFZ since
He has appeared on
a wide variety of television programmes
in the UK (including The Big Breakfast;
Channel 5 News; and GMTV) and abroad
and is in constant demand on the
lecture circuit both in his home
country and overseas and has appeared
in internationally televised shows
Redfern is married
to a Texan named Dana.
6. Ed Okonowicz
Okonowicz, a Delaware native, He has
worked as an editor and writer at
the University of Delaware, where
he continues to teach courses in storytelling,
communication and writing.
A professional storyteller,
Ed presents a number of programs throughout
the Mid-Atlantic region. He is a member
of the Delaware Humanities Forum Speakers
Bureau and Visiting Scholars Program
and has served on the Maryland State
Arts Council Traditional/Folk Arts
Ed Okonowicz who offers readers
chilling tales and legends
and fascinating oral histories
from the Mid-Atlantic region.
Okonowicz, has an MA , Communication,
University of Delaware, BA
, Education, Univesity of
Delaware, featured on "Ghost
Waters," The Learning
Channel. Mr. Okonowicz has
written Ghost Writer for Delaware
Today Magazine, and appeared
on many radio and television
programs frequently to speak
about ghosts and storytelling.
He has been a speaker at the
Gettysburg Ghost Conference
and his many haunted publications
ar published by Myst and Lace
He is the author
of over 24 books. They range from
biographies and oral history to short
story collections about Mid-Atlantic
ghost stories, legends and folklore.
He also has written two murdery mystery
novels set in the fictional state
Author Ed Okonowicz
who offers readers chilling tales
and legends and fascinating oral histories
from the Mid-Atlantic region. Okonowicz,
has an MA , Communication, University
of Delaware, BA , Education, Univesity
of Delaware, featured on "Ghost
Waters," The Learning Channel.
Mr. Okonowicz has written Ghost Writer
for Delaware Today Magazine, and appeared
on many radio and television programs
frequently to speak about ghosts and
storytelling. He has been a speaker
at the Gettysburg Ghost Conference
and his many haunted publications
ar published by Myst and Lace Publishers
Okonowicz is also
the author of the well-known DelMarVa
murder mystery series. His programs
on teaching Delaware and Maryland
history through folklore and legends
are popular in schools and libraries.
He also offers workshops in writing
and storytelling and public speaking.
MYST AND LACE PUBLISHERS INC.
Okonowicz official web site
out our web site for the latest in
books, conferences, events, paintings
and more real neat stuff!
history, folklore and the distinctive
culture of the Mid-Atlantic region
are featured in the award-winning
books offered by Myst and Lace Publishers.
author Ed Okonowicz offers chilling
tales and legends in his ghost books,
fascinating stories shared by residents
of the region in the oral history
volumes and suspenseful fiction in
the popular DelMarVa murder mystery
Student Programs on "how to write
a spooky story" and "storytelling"
and "Writting" (some with
free books for students) are available
for Teachers, home schoolers,and Librarians,
call for information 410-398-5013
Rosemary Ellen Guiley
Ellen Guiley work in the paranormal
has led her into intense study,
research and investigation of
a wide range of topics, which
been have featured in more than
30 books and encyclopedias, hundreds
of articles and numerous presentations.
Along the way Guiley has had many
experiences that have illuminated
some of the mysteries of the multiverse
-- the multi-dimensional universe
of which we are a part.
Guiley has written for FATE
magazine since 1991 and am currently
consulting editor. In 2000 she
formed Visionary Living, Inc.
as a media company for her work.
In 2001 she obtained her PhD
from the International Institute
for Integral Human Sciences
AUTHOR OF SUCH GREAT
Ghosts & the Paranormal,The
Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits,
The Encyclopedia of the Strange, Mystical
and Unexplained, The Atlas of the
Mysterious in North America, Harper's
Encyclopedia of Mystical and Paranormal
Experience, Moonscapes: A Celebration
of Lunar Astronomy, Magic, Legend
and Lore, Vampires, Werewolves and
Shape-shifters, The Encyclopedia of
Vampires, Werewolves and Other Monsters,
The Complete Vampire Companion, Vampires
Among Us, Magic, Alchemy and Witchcraft,
The Encyclopedia of Magic and Alchemy,
The Encyclopedia of Witches and Witchcraft,
Angels and Fairies, The Encyclopedia
of Angels, Ask the Angels, I Bring
You Glad Tidings, An Angel in Your
Pocket, Angels of Mercy, Angel Magic
for Love and Romance, Fairy Magic,
Reincarnation, Tales of Reincarnation,
Dreams, The Encyclopedia of Dreams:
Symbols and Interpretations, Dreamwork
for the Soul, Dreamspeak: How To Understand
the Messages in Your Dreams, The Dreamer’s
Way: Using Proactive Dreaming for
Creativity and Healing, The Tao of
Dreaming, Intuition and Psychic Skills,
Breakthrough Intuition: How To Achieve
A Life of Abundance by Listening to
the Voice Within, The Tarot, The Mystical
Tarot, The Angels Tarot, The Alchemical
Tarot, Soulmates, Heart & Soul:
A Spiritual Course for Finding Your
Perfect Soulmate, Saints, The Encyclopedia
of Saints, The Quotable Saint, Miracles
and Prayer, A Miracle in Your Pocket,
Prayer Works, Wellness: Prayers for
Comfort and Healing, Blessings: Prayers
for the Home and Family, The Miracle
of Prayer: True Stories of Blessed
Fellow, International Institute of
Integral Human Sciences, Montreal,
Honorary Life Member, Ghost Club,
London, Member, Society for Psychical
Research, London, Member, American
Ghost Society, Decatur, Ill., Member,
Dracula Society, London, Advisor,
Maryland Paranormal Investigators
Coalition, Advisor, Coalition for
Paranormal Research in New Jersey,
Officer, Vampire Empire, New York
City, Officer, International Society
for the Study of Ghosts and Apparitions,
Charles J. Adams III
J. Adams III
J. Adams III
J. Adams III was born in Reading,
Pennsylvania, in 1947 and resides
there today. In addition to his
books, Adams also writes regular
features on travel and local legends
in the Reading Eagle newspaper
and has written travel stories
for several other magazines and
Adams has been a speaker at
the International Ghost Hunters
Alliance conventions in Gettysburg,
Pa., and has been interviewed
on ghostly topics in England,
Ireland, South Africa, and on
several American radio and television
He has also appeared on The
History Channel's "Haunted
America: New York" and
"Haunted America: Philadelphia"
programs and has served as consultant
and on-air "expert"
for programs on hauntings and
ghosts on The Learning Channel,
MTV, and The Travel Channel.
He is presently involved in
the production of a segment
on haunted Broadway theaters
for the A&E network.
Adams has also organized and escorted
tours of haunted places in the United
States, England, and Scotland. Soon
he will lead a tour of haunted castles
and manor houses in Ireland.
Listed in Who's Who
in America ,Charles J. Adams III has
also served as president of the Reading
(Pa.) Public Library, the Board of
Directors of the Exeter Township School
District, and on the boards of the
Penn State Berks Campus Alumni Society,
Exeter Community Library, Crestwood
Swimming Association, Humane Society
of Berks County, and the Historical
Society of Berks County. He is presently
a member of the editorial board of
the Historical Society and is chairman
of its Publications Committee for
the past 25 years.
Mr. Adams has written over 25 books
of ghost, hauntings and legends. Which
include stories of shipwrecks, train
wrecks and minning. Also to hisestemmed
credit he has produced, written, and
conducted "ghost tours"
in Lancaster County, Reading, and
Philadelphia, Pa.; Cape May, New Jersey.,
and Greenwich Village, New York City.
He has also led "ghost tours"
recently to Scotland,Wales and England.
He has benn featured on A&E, TLC,
MTV and as a commentator and consultant
on the Travel Channel for programs
Mr. Adams also writes travel features
for the Reading Eagle. And is a morning
personallity on radio station WEEU,
830 AM, in Reading, Pennsylvania.
His many wonderful stories have been
selected for inclusion in such books
as "Classic American Ghost Stories"
(August House Publishing) and "HexCraft"
(Llewellyn Publications). His book,
"Bucks County Ghost Stories"
was used as an on screan prop in the
2002 Mel Gibson hit movie, Signs.
Active in civic affairs in Berks
County, and has served for more than
a decade as the master of ceremonies
of both the Reading Labor Day and
Among all his interests and accomplishments,
he lists among his personal favorites
his singing, a capella, of the National
Anthem before several Reading Phillies
minor league baseball games. A singer
in rock bands since his high school
days, Adams has also written numerous
commercial jingles and songs, and
several have been recorded and released
on CDs and music videos. He has served
on the marketing committee of the
Reading Symphony Orchestra. He has
recited dramatic work with both the
Reading Symphony Orchestra and the
Reading Pops Orchestra.
J. Adams III many of his wonderful
haunted books can be found by visiting
Exeter House Books by visiting their
WEB SITE www.exeterhousebooks.com.
EXETER HOUSE BOOKS: Publishers of
quality books on true ghost stories,
legends, folklore, shipwrecks, train
wrecks, and the supernatural in Pennsylvania,
New Jersey, Delaware, and New York.
Auerbach has recounted some of his more
interesting paranormal investigations
on a two audio-CD set called GHOST STORIES
(Michael Scott Studios, 2001). In addition,
he has a video lecture ("Exploring
the Real-Life X-FILES: GHOSTS) and video
seminar (with psychic Annette Martin).
available. The seminar, GHOST HUNTING
IN THE NEW MILLENNIUM, is a 5-plus hour
video seminar that also offers a test
of one's knowledge in order to become
a part of the Office of Paranormal's
referral network. In 1999, he released
the first videotape on "The Haunting
of the USS Hornet" (a haunted WWII
era aircraft carrier in Alameda, CA).
AUERBACH is Director of the Office
of Paranormal Investigations and
author of A PARANORMAL CASEBOOK:
in the New Millennium, which hit
the bookshelves October 1, 2005
from Atriad Press. His 2004 releases
were GHOST HUNTING: How to Investigate
the Paranormal and HAUNTINGS &
POLTERGEISTS: A Ghost Hunter’s
Guide (Ronin Publishing). His
first book, ESP, HAUNTINGS AND
POLTERGEISTS (1986, Warner Books)
was named the “Sacred Text”`
on ghosts by NEWSWEEK (in August,
1996). PSYCHIC DREAMING (1991,
Warner Books; 1999 Barnes &
Noble Books), deals with the current
understanding of dreams in general
and psychic dreams in particular.
His third book, REINCARNATION,
CHANNELING AND POSSESSION, was
published by Warner Books in April,
1993. MIND OVER MATTER (Kensington
Books, 1996) focused on the limits
human beings set for themselves
and on psychokinesis.
He was a Consulting Editor &
columnist for FATE Magazine, a 50+
year old national publication dealing
with the “unexplained,”
from the beginning of 1991 to the
end of 2004.
He was President of the Psychic Entertainers
Association (PEA) from 2001 –
2005. The PEA is an international
organization of psychic entertainers
(performers of including mentalism,
bizarre magick, hypnotism, cold reading,
and allied arts). He is immediate
past President of the California Society
for Psychical Study (repeating a run
from 1988-92), and was 1989 President
of Assembly 112 of the Society of
American Magicians, making him the
first parapsychologist to have actively
served as an officer of both a psychical
research group and a magicians’
organization. He has been one of the
very few parapsychologists active
in both psychical research and mentalists
and magicians' organizations -- he's
also served as Chairman of the San
Francisco Bay Area magician/mentalist
group Club 53.
In February 2005, Auerbach –
along with HCH Institute in Lafayette,
CA – launched a new basic Certificate
Program in Parapsychological Studies.
The program, registered with the State
of California, is the beginning of
what will hopefully be a new extensive
educational program in Parapsychology.
As of 2006, the program is also
available for distance learning.
Loyd Auerbach has been an Adjunct
Professor in Integral Studies (formerly
Interdisciplinary Consciousness Studies)
at JFK University since 1983. The
university, formerly in Orinda, CA,
moved to Pleasant Hill, CA in 2004.
He also a member of the faculty of
Rosebridge Graduate School for Integrative
Psychology 1996-1998 (that school
is now closed). He holds a BA in Cultural
Anthropology from Northwestern University
(1978), and an MS in Parapsychology
from JFK University (1981).
He serves on the Advisory Board for
the Rhine Research Center in Durham,
A resident of an Eastbay community
outside of San Francisco & Oakland,
where he lives with his wife, Professor
Auerbach has been teaching Parapsychology
and related topics for several years
in the Bay Area and, before that,
in New York. Over the last 25 years,
he has taught courses in Parapsychology,
Anthropology, Altered States of Consciousness,
Science Fiction, Magic, Public Speaking
and Mass Media. The main topics of
his public lectures are "Professor
Paranormal's True Tales of Ghosts
and Hauntings," "Exploring
the Real-Life X-FILES: Ghosts"
"Mind Over Matter: Do You Have
the Power," and "Psychics
and Charlatans: Perception, Psi and
He continues to teach non-credit
seminars in Pleasant Hill, CA and
He is mainly represented on the college
and university speaking circuit around
the country by Wolfman Productions
for the Halloween Season.
He was Public Information and Media
Consultant to the American Society
for Psychical Research (http://www.aspr.com)
in New York City from 1982 through
mid-1983. There he acted as a spokesperson
and as an intermediary to facilitate
communication between the media and
the parapsychological community. He
is still a member of that organization,
an associate member of the Parapsychological
and a corresponding member of the
Society for Scientific Exploration
For more than a quarter century,
he has been investigating cases of
reported paranormal phenomena, helping
people understand what may (or may
not) be going on in their lives. In
1989, he founded the Office of Paranormal
Investigations, a group for people
to call when they believe they have
a psychic or paranormal experience
or disturbance, and a resource center
for Media, businesspeople, scientists,
law enforcement agencies, attorneys
and other parapsychologists. While
most of O.P.I.'s investigations are
in Northern California, the group
has investigators in many other areas
of the country.
Loyd Auerbach is very interested
and concerned with media portrayals
of the phenomena and the science of
Parapsychology. He has been a consultant
to various television producers and
writers in the United States, Japan,
and Great Britain, providing both
scientific and creative input, as
well as help in promotion. Most recently
he has been involved with shows for
the History Channel, the Travel Channel,
TechTV, the Discovery Channel, A&E,
the Learning Channel and the U.K.’s
LivingTV. He keeps tabs on the media's
portrayal of Parapsychology through
his constant contact with media people,
watching too much TV and seeing too
many movies, through his familiarity
and use of the LexisNexis information
services (as a very part-time Special
Consultant to their San Francisco
office) and through surfing the Net.
Besides his media work and consulting
with other parapsychologists, Auerbach
also consults with other professionals.
For example, in 1984, he was called
in as an expert witness in a San Francisco
homicide trial, his testimony dealing
with psychic phenomena and the anthropology
of belief in the supernatural. He
has consulted with other attorneys
and law enforcement officials since
His speaking and media expertise
is often brought into play as a media
and public speaking coach for authors,
executives and other businesspeople.
He has taught a Media & Presentation
Skills course annually at JFK University
for many years, and is featured as
an "expert" in PUBLIC SPEAKING
FOR DUMMIES by Malcolm Kushner (www.kushnergroup.com),
(IDG Books, 1999 and 2004), and also
served as Technical Editor of that
book. He occasionally runs corporate
public speaking workshops for companies
in the Bay Area, and has coached executives
on including magic effects in their
presentations. He often works with
the San Francisco-based company Speakers
Loyd Auerbach is an accomplished
Mentalist and Psychic Entertainer,
performing mainly for private parties,
corporations, and at colleges and
restaurants as PROFESSOR PARANORMAL.
His knowledge and interest in magic
began while he was a graduate student,
through a course he took intended
to introduce the would-be researchers
to the methods of phony psychics.
He has since taught that same course
a number of times. As mentioned above,
he was President of the Psychic Entertainers
Association for four one-year terms,
from 2001-2005. He received a credit
as a "Creative Consultant"
to the MAGIC OF DAVID COPPERFIELD
X: THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE (CBS 1988).
His work as a psychic entertainer
has expanded since late 1991 to include
a new version of an old idea. SEANCE
FICTION THEATER presents a form of
what has been called "spirit
theater," entertainment in the
vein of spiritualist séances,
though he often performs it with tongue
planted firmly in cheek, and even
occasionally as a comedy séance
(the latter with performer Madame
Molotova, "the Flamboyant Russian
This show is available for groups
of 4 to 150 people, though the show
for 50-150 people is different than
the one for smaller audiences.
While he loves his séance
show, his main focus is performing
for small, intimate groups (dinner
parties, and the like) and his one-man
show for the corporate, association
and college markets, "Professor
Paranormal's Psychic Mind Theater!"
Loyd Auerbach's media exposure includes
many prominent appearances on paranormal-related
programs for the Discovery Channel,
the Travel Channel, The Learning Channel,
A&E, the History Channel, the
Sci Fi Channel and TechTV. He was
Series Consultant for the initial
series of America's Most Haunted Places
for the Travel Channel. He was frequently
seen on Sightings, and has had other
national exposure on Larry King Live,
the Today Show, Unsolved Mysteries,
Oprah, Popular Mechanics for Kids,
The New Edge, The Next Step, The Joan
Rivers Show, Hard Copy, Evening Magazine,
The Late Show, PM Magazine, Hour Magazine,
Strange Universe, in publications
such as DISNEY ADVENTURES, INTUITION,
OMNI and GANNETT NEWS SERVICE, on
ABC TALKRADIO, and in the ASSOCIATED
PRESS, among others; Bay Area appearances
& interviews with KGO RADIO and
TV, KPIX-TV, KTVU TV, KHBK TV, KCBS
RADIO, KRON TV, the OAKLAND TRIBUNE,
THE SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS, THE SAN
FRANCISCO CHRONICLE and EXAMINER,
THE CONTRA COSTA TIMES; New York appearances
on many television and radio talk
and news shows; and interviews in
the NEW YORK TIMES and LOS ANGELES
TIMES. His is a familiar name around
the nation as he has been interviewed
on television, radio and in print
all over the U.S. (and in Canada).
During October of each year, he is
generally interviewed by 30-50 radio
stations all over, and is often featured
on national and local television.
He has also gained recognition in
Japan, having been featured in six
television specials in 1991-94 on
Tokyo Broadcasting System, the most
recent shot in the Australian outback.
A feature article about him appeared
in Southwest Airlines magazine SPIRIT
in March, 1998, and a more recent
extensive cover feature appeared in
the East Bay Express in February,
2003 (go to this url on the web: http://www.eastbayexpress.com/issues/2003-02-05/feature.html/1/index.html
A few of his more recent appearances
include a segment on the A&E special
Mediums: They See Dead People, two
episodes of LivingTV’s Dead
Famous and participation in their
three day Dead Famous Live broadcast
from Los Angeles in November, 2005,
and the History Channel’s specials
Voodoo Secrets (2005) and Vampire
On the “offbeat” side,
in May of 1993, he took David Letterman
on a walk through a haunted house,
which was broadcast on Late Night
with David Letterman (NBC). He worked
on-camera and as Associate Producer
for a TV pilot for a series called
Haunted America with Abbitt-Prest
Productions, and as a field director
for Mysterious Forces Beyond and Strange
Universe. Finally, he co-produced
the first in a proposed series of
investigation videos about haunted
locations, THE HAUNTING OF THE USS
HORNET (1999), focusing on the ghostly
experiences aboard a retired naval
Loyd Auerbach, M.S., is available
as a consultant and lecturer, or for
interviews and of course as Professor
Paranormal for his psychic entertainment
or séance performances. He
can be reached through the Office
of Paranormal Investigations at (415)
To reach him by e-mail, contact him
at email@example.com .
Bardens was a dedicated journalist
and writer, and the first Editor
of the BBC current-affairs programme
a lifelong interest in psychical
research. His work as a journalist
and his membership of London
clubs (including the Savage
Club and the Reform Club) brought
him into contact with many of
the pioneers in the study of
parapsychology, including J.B.
Rhine, Harry Price, Professor
C.D. Broad, and J.W. Dunne.
Bardens joined the Society for
Psychical Research and became
a life member of the Ghost Club
Born at Midhurst in Sussex in 1911,
he attended Portsmouth Grammar School.
After two years as a reporter on the
Sunday Chronicle, he moved to the
Sunday Express as a reporter and features
writer, following this with stints
writing features on the Sunday Referee,
Everybody's Weekly and the Daily Mirror.
In a long life, he wrote biographies
and non- fiction, as well as a number
of books investigating psychic phenomena.
For many years he was an enthusiastic
member of International Pen, the Society
of Authors, the International Federation
of Journalists and the National Union
of Journalists. He was also associated
with the Parapsychology Foundation
of New York and conducted research
on their behalf.
His first book reflecting this great
interest in the paranormal was the
well-received Ghosts and Hauntings
(1965), republished 30 years later
and widely praised for its fair-minded
and open approach. This was followed
by Mysterious Worlds (1970), a personal
investigation of the weird, the uncanny
and the unexplained, while Psychic
Animals (1987) studied the secret
powers of animals and carried a foreword
by David Bellamy. Ahead of Time (1991)
explored the mystery of precognition.
Bardens was also the author of many
other books and articles outside the
realm of the paranormal but 1965's
"Ghosts and Hauntings" remains
his definitive work in the field,
and is so fascinating and well-researched
that no student of the paranormal
should omit it.
His personal life was touched with
sadness: his beloved wife Marie died
suddenly and unexpectedly in hospital
following an accident. Their only
son, Peter, formed a band in the 1960s
with Mick Fleetwood and Peter Green
before they went on to found the legendary
Fleetwood Mac. Peter died in America
Dennis Conrad Bardens, journalist,
broadcaster and writer: born Midhurst,
Sussex 19 July 1911; married 1936
Marie Marks (died 1985; one son deceased);
died London 7 February 2003.
Belanger is a recognized media
personality on the subject of the
Belanger leads a very haunted
life. He’s been fascinated
with the supernatural since
age ten when he investigated
his first haunted house during
a sleepover. Since then, the
paranormal investigator has
been a writer and journalist
for various newspapers and magazines,
and in 1999 he launched Ghostvillage.com
as a repository for his writings
and research on the subject
of the supernatural. The site
has since grown to become the
largest paranormal community
on the Web, attracting hundreds
of thousands of visitors per
year. Over the years, Jeff has
interviewed hundreds of people
about their experiences with
the profound. His objective
approach to the subject makes
the supernatural accessible
to a wide audience. He brings
personality and humor to this
subject which makes him one
of the most sought-after experts
in the field. He's written for
many paranormal Web sites and
print publications and is the
author of several books.
Jeff Belanger graduated from
Hofstra University with a B.A. in English.
After college Jeff served as Editor-in-Chief
of Main Street -- a biweekly arts and entertainment
newspaper in northern Fairfield County, Connecticut,
he worked in marketing and public relations
for both private and public companies, and
he's currently a full-time writer living in
Massachusetts with his wife, Megan, daughter,
Sophie, and parakeet, Mambo.
He's been quoted on this subject
in dozens of print publications and news services
including: Reader's Digest, The Sun, Reuters,
CNET, Forbes.com, USA Today, Newsday, The
Boston Globe, The Boston Herald, Chicago Tribune,
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Spirit (in-flight
magazine for Southwest Airlines), Metrowest
Daily News, Danbury News-Times, Poughkeepsie
Journal, The Augusta Chronicle, York Daily
Record, The Providence Journal, Haunted Times
Magazine, and Ghost! Magazine, and he's been
a guest on more than 100 radio programs including:
National Public Radio’s Talk of the
Nation with Neil Conan, the BBC, Australian
Radio Network, The Big Show with John Boy
& Billy, Cable Radio Network, DayBreak
USA on the USA Radio Network, X-ZONE Radio,
Jeff Rense Program, Coast to Coast AM with
George Noory, KPNW (Eugene, Oregon), WGN (Chicago),
WBZ (Boston, MA) WGY (Albany, NY), WIP (Philadelphia,
PA), WKQZ (Saginaw, MI), KMOG (Springfield,
MO), KSTZ (Des Moines, IA), WLEV (Allenton,
PA), KAHI (Sacramento, CA), WLS (Chicago,
IL), WOCM (Ocean City, MD), WNCY (Green Bay,
WI), WKIS (Miami, FL), KNOX (Grand Forks,
ND), WQSO (Portsmouth, NH), WGRR (Cincinnati,
OH), KOA (Denver, CO), WWL (New Orleans, LA),
WRIF (Detroit, MI), WRKI (Danbury, CT), WPRO
(Providence, RI), WZBC (Boston, MA), KFXJ
(Wichita, KS), WKRC (Cincinnati, OH), KIXX
(Lebanon, NH), KLLI (Dallas, TX), KXLY (Spokane,
WA), WSEI (Olney, IL), KTAO (Taos, NM), KLBP
(Minneapolis, MN), CFRB (Toronto, Ontario),
CJAD (Quebec, Canada), CKWR (Ontario, Canada)
NewsTalk ZB (New Zealand), SPIN (Dublin, Ireland),
4BFM (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia), 3TTT
(Melbourne, Victoria, Australia), nationally-syndicated
Christian talk show Truth Talk Live, Ghost
Chronicles Radio WCCM (Lawrence, MA), Exploring
Unexplained Phenomena KZUM (Lincoln, NE),
The Lou Gentile Show, Magick Mind Radio, APSR
Paranormal Talk Radio, Nightwatch Radio, Ghostly
Talk, Darkness on the Edge of Town Radio,
many paranormal podcasts, he’s been
featured on news programs on ABC, NBC, FOX,
New England Cable Network (NECN), various
regional and local stations, and he’s
been a guest on national television programs
like The Early Show on CBS, MonsterQuest on
The History Channel, The Maury Show, Mysterious
Journeys on The Travel Channel, and Living
TV (UK). Belanger’s books have even
made it to pop-culture. His Encyclopedia of
Haunted Places was shown on the 2006 Halloween
episode of The Girl’s Next Door on the
Belanger official web site:
Cry of the Banshee
BUY IT HERE NOW!
Charleston, WV—Quarrier Press is pleased to announce its latest release, the newly revised Cry of the Banshee, a comprehensive guide to the hauntings and paranormal tales in West Virginia and along the Ohio River. The stories originated with author and tour guide Susan Sheppard's ever-popular Haunted Parkersburg Tours. Recently voted as the "Second Most Up & Coming Paranormal Person" in the U.S. by the Haunted America Tours, Sheppard delves into the people and history behind the ghosts. She also reveals how to know if your house is haunted, and the 13 most likely places to find phantoms.
Read about the phantom from the shores of Scotland and Ireland called the banshee, a cursed omen of bad news and death that plagued early settlers. Keep reading and meet a more famous West Virginia red-eyed portent of doom, the Mothman. And here for the first time in print is the truth behind the West Virginia encounters with the infamous Men in Black, as well as the terrifying Indrid Cold.
Some of Sheppard's stories feature 20th century ghosts, such as the spirits haunting a Parkersburg radio station or the city's historic Blennerhassett Hotel. Many of these Sheppard has witnessed firsthand. She has experienced innumerable hauntings in and around Riverview Cemetery, Parkersburg's version of the twilight zone. And of course, always a motherlode of tragedy and violence, Moundsville Prison has supplied plenty of tales of its tortured inhabitants.
The author's most amazing encounter with ghosts, and the one that forged her interest, occurred when she was four and a half years old, growing up in Doddridge County. She recounts: "I was climbing a hill between my grandmother's and aunt's houses, and felt someone staring at me. Looking up, I saw two Indian braves, in primitive dress, looking right at me. Terrified, I dropped to my belly and crawled toward the house. As I got up to make a dash for the door, I looked back and they were still staring."
For author interviews, please contact Bill Clements at Quarrier Press at 304-342-1848.
The Other Side: A Teens Guide to Ghost Hunting and the Paranormal
BUY IT HERE NOW!
It used to be you needed a crystal, a psychic, or a Oijia board to make contact with the spirit world. So who would think science would make it possible for just about anyone to experience a ghostly connection? Cameras, recorders, computers, magnetic field readers and other scientific means are now the tools of the trade. But there’s so much available, how does the average teen weed through it all to create the best possible ghost hunting team? Here to help sort it all out are three of today’s leading investigators of the field.
Together, Patrick Burns, Dave Schrader, and Marley Gibson have more than ten years of experience. They’ve put together this guide to impart their knowledge and wisdom on to the next generation of ghost hunters.
How to set up a ghost hunting team
The equipment needed and how to use it
Where to look for spirits
Safety, safety, and more safety
Ghost hunting is equal parts science and belief. Patrick, Dave, and Marley are here to help with science part.
About the Author
Marley Gibson grew up in a southern town very much like her fictional Radisson. She never saw any ghosts growing up--that she knows of--although she has been on a few ghost hunts recently with the famed New England Ghost Project and has gotten some very interesting pictures. Marley is a member of the New England Romance Writers of America (RWA) and Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. She is the Creator and Founder of Chick Lit Writers RWA, and was twice named to "Outstanding Young Women of America." She lives in the Boston area with her best friend, personal webmaster, and hubby, Mike. She can be found online at www.marleygibson.com or at her blog www.booksboysbuzz.com.
Patrick Burns is the star of TruTV's Haunting Evidence. He lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dave Schrader hosts KTLK FM's Darkness Radio. He lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota.